13 | 열셋

13.

"I won't hurt you," Yoongi whispered, his voice barely audible. The fear and worry etched across Yurim's pale face pierced his heart, causing a surge of guilt to course through his veins. He understood that his words alone were not enough to ease her terror, but he couldn't bear to see her in such a state of distress.

Yoongi cautiously closed the distance, his silent presence suffused with an air of mystery. Yet, every step he took caused Yurim to instinctively move backward, her youthful eyes reflecting caution and uncertainty. She was drawn to him, curious about his world, but the knowledge of his involvement in criminal activities held her back.

"Don't," she pleaded, her voice trembling with a mixture of desperation and terror.

"Listen Yurim, don't try to make the situation harder than it is." Yoongi attempted to reason with Yurim, urging her not to exacerbate the already challenging situation. However, the tone in his voice grew increasingly stern, displaying a hint of harshness that hadn't been present before.

"Please don't come closer."

Yoongi froze, his heart aching as he witnessed the depth of her fear. He knew that their interactions had been limited, their connection fragile at best. But even so, a sense of responsibility and an unexplained attachment tugged at his conscience. He couldn't abandon her to face the darkness alone, not when she was so vulnerable.

"I know you're afraid," Yoongi said, his voice softer. "And I understand why. But please, Yurim, try to understand."