8| 여덟

08.

Yurim came back from the store, rushing to her apartment as she got late for the university

Yurim came back from the store, rushing to her apartment as she got late for the university. The girl's manager was late to take over so she had to wait until the man reaches. It was not the first time it happened, but the younger didn't want to witness her professors raging face. Ever again.

She raced to take out the laundry while doing multiple tasks in between. She cooked breakfast for her dad, settling it perfectly on the table and then later making her way towards her room, knocking down few things, and successfully changing to decent clothes. She took the necessary books from her table, putting it inside her bag.

She tied the strings of her shoes and with an 'I'm leaving' she dashed out of the apartment, running towards the direction of her University.

The wind in her face made it impossible to breathe, she felt like she'd suffocate before she ever got the signal to pull the cord. She couldn't take a cab since they might probably charge a lot and she couldn't waste off money like that. 

She wheezes as her burning lungs gasp for air. Her legs feel numb and unsteady, painfully sore. Her throat feels dry, so uncomfortably dry. Clothes, long dark hair clings to her form, no different that if she run through a rain-storm.

Meanwhile,

Yoongi was having a conversation with Namjoon about the rival gang, and how the money had been taken from them. They started walking towards their motorcycle, Yoongi didnt notice until a certain someone came running and accidentally slamming onto Yoongi's chest.

Due to the sudden jerk, her leg slightly twisted making her go off balance. Her perception of time distorted, everything slowed down until there was nothing, only her and the sky above, the sky that seemed to swallow her whole. Her hand reached out, kissing the sky, grasping the endless crevasse of blue. Everything was a blur, a blur that swirled out of existence. Suspended in the air, she closed her eyes and surrendered herself into the infinite sky above. 

But before she could even recognize, someone reached out, circling his arms around her making her stay still on her feet. She held on to him real tight while she was managing to catch her breathe.

"Are you okay?" The guy's voice resonated his her ears. It was someone she definitely knew. "Yurim?"

She looked up from the person's chest and to the owner the voice. Yoongi.

"Yoongi-sshi." She muttered while panting so hard coughing in between.  Salty droplets flow down Yurim's face like soft summer rain, dripping onto the sides of her face as she stood still to regain her breath.

"You okay there?" He didn't leave his hold on her as he noticed how heavily she was panting. He didn't want to let her go in this statement. He was afraid of her falling if he ever lets go. 

"N-ne" She nodded still struggling with her words but continued anyway after checking her watch for the time left. "I'm running late. I'll see you later?"

She was about to run off again but Yoongi was in time to grab her wrist stopping her from doing so. She had a confused look on her face.

"I'll drop you." Yoongi said. She just looked at him as if he were a radio and not a person who is there to be interacted with. It is as if the words are still circulating her mind and not yet allowed to flow outward into the world. She shook her head while she looking at the watch again and back at the road ahead.

"아니. 괜찮아요. (No. It's okay.)" She shook on of her hand which was free from his hold "거긴 그렇게 멀지 않아요. (It's not that far. I'll manage.)" She stated, trying to lose herself from his firm grip but he just ignored her words and dragged her to where his bike was parked.

"Yoongi it's fine-" She couldn't complete as he cut her off with his demanding voice.

"Get on." He got himself seated in the front and then waiting for her. Yurim was slightly hesitating but gave up immediately when he threw a deadly glare at her. She placed her palm on his shoulder, raising her leg to get on the bike and positioning herself behind his back.

"I'll catch you later." He said to Namjoon who had what the fuck is happening look on his face. "Okay." He replied still not able to understand the situation. Is it really Yoongi or am I dreaming? Namjoon thought.

"Hold on tightly." He said, wearing his helmet and then starting the bike.

She was fidgeting with her hands since she didn't know where she to hold. After contemplating her mind, the girl decided to slowly slide her arms around his waist. Yoongi felt the warmth around his waist. It felt nice.

Yoongi pushed the thought aside and raced the vehicle to her University as she gave him the necessary directions. It was somewhat far though and if she had ran till here, she might have passed out on the road any second.

"You said it was near. You might have died running." His voice was muffled but was still able to hear it. She grinned from behind and Yoongi did not fail to catch it in his front mirror. He wanted to stare at it for a long time but chose to concentrate on the road.

Yoongi stopped the bike in front of the gate while she removed her hands which were around him. Yoongi felt a bit dissappointed at the sudden absence. 

She was struggling to get off from the bike due to the mini skirt she was wearing and Yoongi happened to notice it. Soon she saw a hand reached out to her. She took it holding tightly while Yoongi helped her get down from the vehicle. 'Their hands fit perfectly.' he thought as she held it.

"See you." She waved her hands smiling before going inside. 

That's when he noticed the security guard standing beside the gate. The guard gulped at the sight of Yoongi nervously when he sent him a glare. The guard bowed slightly and looked away in fear. Yoongi raced his bike two times and later broke the stare as he left.

-

"저기요. (Excuse me.)" The guard stopped Yurim as she was exiting the university with Roa. She walked near to the guy bowing. 

"Do you know him?" He asked, confusing the younger one.

"I'm sorry, who?

"The guy who dropped you this morning"

Yoongi.

"Ah yes."

"B-be careful okay." he stammered and looking back and forth to the road.

"W-why?" 

"Nothing." Yurim did not miss to observe the fear in his voice.

__

[09232020]

-mintwinkle