1

"Come on! He's gone!" The kid whisper yells at his brother while he runs outside. His brother follows him closely but still scared that the guard will come back and catch them trying to sneak outside. They knew going outside was extremely dangerous, especially during the day. There could be grounders around. But they wanted to see where their mom went. She had disappeared a few weeks ago and they wanted to find her.

"Captain, it seems that two kids managed to go outside and there are grounders nearby," T said as she turned back to look at the Captain. The underground radar picked up the kids' noise, while they were monitoring the grounders hunt. Captain Zalia looked at all the computer screens in front of her and quickly made her decision. "Bring me my helmet. I'm going out there." Zalia said to her guard. "Captain, take a team with you." Said her best friend, T. "We don't have the time, T. I'll be right back." She smiled at T and put on her helmet.

The captain took the elevator to the main level and quickly ran outside to grab the children and hide them while the grounders passed. But when she was on her way she heard a shot fired. "Cap, we heard a shot. What's going on?" Zalia heard through her comms. "No idea, T. I'm still a few minutes away." She got there quickly and saw the two kids were missing. She noticed a dead grounder on the floor so she got closer to see which clan he belonged to. "Trikru, shit." She looked around for a second and spoke through her comms. "T, there's a dead grounder. No sign of the kids. I'm thinking they're taking them to Tondc. I'm gonna follow them." Zalia looked at the GPS screen on her left wrist and started running after them. She couldn't let them kill the kids or torture them, because she knew the kids would break and tell them where they lived.

By the trail they were taking, they were indeed going to Tondc. And it made sense, two kids who didn't belong to any clan and that had guns different to anything they have seen, they would know the kids are undergrounders. They were taking them to Indra, the Trikru leader. Zalia ran, dodging every tree that stood in her way, while she took a closer route away from the main trail. She got closer to the town of Tondc, the capital of the Woods Clan, and climbed up a tree next to the trail so they wouldn't spot her while she waited for the grounders who took the kids to walk by. She saw them getting close and she jumped down the tree to block their way. The grounders looked surprised once they saw her land in front of them and moved quickly to fight her off. She contemplated using her two handguns, but that would cause a bigger commotion, and her intention was not to kill them. So she took out her sword, the bright blue color on the edge making it stand out. She waited for the first one to get close and she grabbed his arm, quickly throwing him to the ground.

Her long years of training haven't been in vain, and her exoskeleton made it even easier to knock down grounders as big as the ones she was facing. She quickly knocked out three of them, leaving just light cuts on them, successfully freeing the two kids. She quickly put trackers on the kids so her team could find them while she fought with the remaining grounders. "Run!" She yelled at the kids before she felt an arrow piercing through her thigh. It could've had come from one of the trees, maybe they were expecting someone to rescue the kids. She groaned in pain as she fell on one knee while she tried to fight the rest of them. But there were more than what she could handle. The grounders couldn't see she was a girl because of her helmet and suit. What all the grounders have seen of her and her people were their helmets and their suits. She looked odd if you were to ask one of the grounders. A helmet that covered her whole head, straps all around her legs that secured the metal parts of her suit, and on her chest she had a black vest that seemed to protect her against the punches they threw at her torso. Her arms had straps like the ones on her legs, she had fingerless gloves on, and the back of her hands had a metal skeleton covering them. Suddenly one grounder hit her head with a huge hammer and the helmet flew out of her face, knocking her out in the process.

———-

:)