10

Longest chapter to date 👀

—————-

"You don't have to do this, Heda. We can send a team and they could give us the information about them. It's too risky, we don't know what they have planned," Titus said to the Commander while she trained. It was a week after the undergrounders have visited Polis. And now it was the grounders turn to visit the Underground. Lexa shook her head and spoke up while she was engaged in a sword fight with one of her warriors. "I won't do such thing, Titus. You know that's not how I do things," she said before kicking the warrior when he left an open space. He fell to the floor and she stopped, looking at Titus. "Make sure my things are ready, we leave in an hour," she turned back to the warrior who was now standing up and continued training.

*****

Back at the underground, Zalia was making sure everything was perfect. She had a week to prepare her people and she made sure everyone knows the protocol of what was gonna happen. She knew the Commander would be there in a few hours so she was going on the last tour through every work station making sure everyone was doing their job. Marian was a bit annoyed since Zalia had been more stressed than usual and that meant she put more work on her team. "You know she's gonna be impressed, either way, right? This is a technology that they've never seen before. Even if the hydro farm is at its hundred percent or at seventy-five percent it is still very impressive," Marian told Zalia while they walked out of the hydro farm, now going to the medical wing. Zalia nodded, "I know that. But we have to look impeccable. Our whole alliance depends on this," Zalia said while they walked in the medical wing.

***

Three hours later, Zalia hears T speaking through her comms, "They're here, Cap." Zalia gave the signal to Marian and headed over to the main gate to greet them. The main gate opened, and the gate guards were the first to welcome Lexa and her people. The grounders left the horses tied outside and walked down the main stairs following the two guards that greeted them at the gates. Once they reached the main elevator, one of the guards spoke up. "We have orders that only Heda, General Indra, and General Anya can keep their weapons," the guard said looking at the grounders. They didn't seem happy about it, but before they could protest Lexa nodded. "Do as he says," she spoke to her people. Lexa was accompanied by Indra, Anya, Gustus, and 10 more warriors.

Once they all got in the huge elevator, one of the guards pressed the U1 button and the elevator started moving. The grounders were pretty impressed with the fact that everything worked with electricity, but at the same time, it put them on edge knowing it was similar to the maunon's (mountain men's) system.

When the elevator doors opened, they were met by Zalia, Marian and Osias that were there waiting for them. The first thing that Lexa noticed was that the facility was indeed noticeably darker than the outside. "Welcome to the underground," Zalia spoke up first and looked at Lexa. "Heda, it's an honor to have you here. Thank you for accepting our invitation," Zalia said with a small smile. Lexa noticed she looked slightly nervous and she wondered why that could be. "This is Osias. He is my mentor and second in command," Zalia said and Osias nodded in respect. "It's an honor to finally meet you, Commander," Osias said looking at Lexa and she nodded in acknowledgment. Osias was a big man, he was buff, black, and he was about 45 years old. His left arm was a metal arm though. The grounders have never seen anything like it before, so it was very surprising for them.

"First we'd like to give you a small tour around the facility, and then we'll eat. Our cooks prepared a special meal for all of you. We don't usually eat a lot of meat, but our hunters worked very hard this week to have enough meat for today's dinner," Zalia explained briefly. "Well firstly, this is the main hall," Zalia spoke while she walked through the hall, Lexa walking beside her and the grounders following them. "Here is where kids play, people meet with each other and distract themselves from their jobs." They continued walking and Zalia guided them to the medical wing. "This is our medical wing," Zalia walked in first with Lexa, and the grounders followed inside. Lexa looked around and saw about twenty beds with lots of weird equipment beside each bed. There of them were occupied, and five people were walking around tending the patients. "That's our head doctor or healer, Dr. Martin. We have four other doctors helping him, and some assistants that are learning from them." Martin smiled at the grounders and nodded at the Commander in respect. "Heda, it's an honor meeting you," He said to Lexa and then nodded at the Captain with respect. Lexa seemed pretty impressed with the technology but still was a bit uneasy about it all.