3

This didn't make sense to Zalia. Why the hell would her people kidnap a grounder leader as leverage to try to rescue her? The underground didn't do stuff that way. When she rescued one of her men from Azgeda she made it clear that the best strategy is to wait for the grounders to move the prisoner or to make their move with no lethal force when the prisoner is in the cell.
"This doesn't make sense. Why would they take a hostage?" Zalia speaks to herself but the Commander hears her. "You seem surprised that your people, who have committed countless crimes against the clans, would attempt to rescue their leader." Zalia shakes her head and speaks up. "This is not the way we do rescues. We don't take hostages. And we don't threaten people for selfish reasons." The Commander clenches her jaw. "I know Indra wouldn't agree," she said.

The guard walked over with the radio and handed it to Lexa. "If you want to talk to them, press the big button on the side while you speak. Let go of it when you're done talking." Zalia explained. The Commander presses the button and speaks up. "This is the Commander. Who am I talking to?" she let go of the button. Suddenly a husky manly voice can be heard through the radio. "Commander Lexa. It seems that I have your attention. And you should be paying attention because I have Tondc. The 12 guards are asleep in a cell so they won't be available for a while. And Indra is right here...." it seems that she doesn't wanna speak because he yells at her. "Speak!" After a second, Indra can be heard "Don't give them anything, Heda." it's obvious that she's not very happy.

Lexa looks Zalia and clenches her jaw. "What do you want?" She says through the radio. "Oh, I think that would've been obvious by now. Bring Captain Smith to Tondc and I won't kill anyone." Zalia doesn't look happy at all. She looked as angry as the Commander, and that was saying much. "Heda, that's very risky," Anya speaks up. Lexa raises her hand so Anya shuts up and she looks at Zalia. "These are your people. What are they planning?" she asks. Zalia thinks for a second. "This is not the way we do things. Please let me talk to him, Heda." Lexa hesitates but presses the button as she looks at Zalia. "What the hell are you doing Gunner? This can cause major problems. Let those people go. That's an order." He laughs a bit. "No can do, Cap. They better bring you here in one piece. You have twenty four hours, Commander." The static can be heard through the radio.

The Commander closes her eyes in frustration and she hands the radio to her guard. She stands up and walks menacingly towards Zalia, who is now looking down at the floor as she thinks. Lexa takes a deep breath trying to calm her anger. She speaks while she raises her foot and pushes her boot against Zalia's arrow wound. "You better start talking," Zalia screams out in pain and bends over, trying to ease the pain somehow. She drew a shaky breath and spoke. "I can help you free your people," Zalia said. Lexa thinks for a second before removing her foot from the wound. She starts walking around Zalia while continuing to play with her knife. "What makes you think I'll believe you'll betray your people?"

Zalia was starting to feel dizzy because of the blood loss, but she couldn't give up now. These are not the circumstances she had planned, but she was finally here, talking to the Commander. "Those men are not acting under my orders, Heda. Gunner is not loyal to me. I don't think he's planning a rescue. I'm pretty sure he's either planning to capture you, or planning to kill your people to start a war between us as an excuse to kill more of your people." Zalia said. The Commander stands in front of her and asks. "You're not making it easy for me to believe you, Zalia." She spat her name, with hate and anger dripping all over. "We are enemies already, I don't need an excuse to kill your people. And your people have never needed an excuse to kill mine."

Zalia sighs as she thinks of a good and fast way to explain who her people are and what are their purpose. "Heda.. do you know what survival instinct is?" Zalia looks up at her. "She's making you lose time, Heda." Gustus speaks with annoyance. "Hosh up." (Shut up.) Lexa says to him. "What does that have to do with anything?" She's now directing her question to Zalia. "When people find themselves in a life or death situation, they tend to make really bad choices just to try and save their life or the life of the people they love. Because they're not thinking, they don't have a real choice most of the time. It's like being stuck between a wall and a sword. I was taught that before us, there were millions of hu-" Lexa kicks Zalia on her ribs, making her double over and groan in pain. "I don't have time for your nonsense! I don't believe a single word you're saying." She pulls her up by the shirt and speaks through gritted teeth while looking in her eyes coldly. "How do you suggest I stop them?" Zalia took a breath trying to stay conscious even when she was getting dizzier because of her wound. "I have committed crimes against you and your people, Heda. But I was trying to keep the coalition safe. The coalition is what guarantees peace. And peace is what guarantees that we won't use our survival instinct." The Commander punches Zalia hard on the face and drops her, making Zalia fall back on the floor. She saw the room spinning while The Commander spoke. "Tell me your plan, Zalia. Or I'll kill you right here." Lexa took out her sword and placed the tip against Zalia's neck. Zalia spat some blood to the side and looks up at Lexa while she speaks. "I'm gonna need my equipment."

————-

so much violence 😳