Prologue

Once Zalia was chosen to be captain, she knew she wanted to do things differently. As captain she wouldn't scare her people into submission, she wouldn't force her people to respect her like the past captain did. She would gain her people's trust and she would make sure they stay safe.

"You're ready for this." Her mentor said to her when she was ready to formally address her people for the first time. She nodded and took a deep breath. "I know. I just hope they know that too." She fiddled with her gun holster out of habit before walking out.

*******

4 years have passed and she had done exactly that. Cap had gained the trust of the majority of her people. After a couple of years of adjustment, her people were noticeably happy with her. They trusted her and her way of ruling. Of course they still treated her like royalty, but now it wasn't because it was demanded of them. Now they did it because they respected her and because they felt like she deserved it after everything she does for them.

Now, Cap's mission was to improve the Underground's relationship with the other clans. That was the challenge that no other Captain had been able to accomplish. And for that she already had a plan, she just needed the perfect opportunity to execute it.