001

001

IVY FITZGERALD WENT through a lot of changes in the last few months of her life. all starting after percy's 15th birthday at the end of summer section, which she had been invited to celebrate with him at his new york apartment where she finally met the infamous sally jackson. by the end of the night, the two girls had completely ditched percy and gossiped about their time at camp, mostly ivy filling sally in on everything percy didn't tell her to safe his skin.

after she got back to camp, it didn't take more than a few days for her powers to really really start to freak out. it was a relief that most of her younger siblings stayed only during the summer, because the aphrodite cabin became a bit of a safety hazard. random flashes of sunlight would shift around at different degrees of danger. some light and harmless, only capable of startling you. other times intense and so hot it could burn someone's skin.

all the plans ivy had made to maybe hang out with percy and her other friends who lived in the city were thrown out the window. she was to train day and night in order to gain control, chiron basically keeping her on lock down at camp. that meant, no visiting percy, annabeth, tobias, lydia, or her new friend thalia in the city. she couldn't even iris message! all she had to communicate was letter and texting since she got herself a phone, willing to fight any monsters who came at her because of it. chiron explained that iris messaging could be easily intercepted, giving kronos a chance to finding out the real extent of her powers. it was bad enough he knew of them at all.

worst of all, it wasn't just her powers that were rapidly developing, she was too. in the normal way, like puberty way, just like apollo had said it would.

ivy lost more than half of her clothes in her... growth sprout. she complained relentlessly about her shortened closet. the girl didn't know how to feel about her own body changes, having boobs was definitely weird, mostly when training. she didn't find it ugly, silena made sure her train of thought never went that way, but sometimes it didn't feel hers. other than breasts, her hips had widened and it gave her more figure than she had before. natural puberty, added with the shit ton of training she did on a daily basis– well, in sydney's own words, ivy has a body to kill for now, might as well get the model agency in here already.

it also came to ivy's attention the disappearance of ethan nakamura. the boy had left the hermes cabin in the middle of the night in the few days she had been in the sea of monsters. tobias had tried to hide it, but she could see the hidden hurt expression on her brother's face when talking about his ex-best friend. they hoped he didn't go join luke and his army, ivy prefered finding her friend again in elysium rather than the enemy line.

but when chiron alerted her of a situation going on with grover, she took the opportunity to not only help her old friend but to see percy, annabeth, and thalia... also put her now somewhat in control powers to good use other than making james's grill cheese sanwiches.

the friday before winter break, ivy was picked up by sally jackson from camp, also picking up annabeth and thalia on the way. it was an eight-hour drive from new york to bar harbor, maine. sleet and snow pounded the highway. the four friends hadn't seen each other in months, but between the blizzard and the thought of what they were about to do, they were too nervous to talk much. except for ms jackson. she seemed to talk more when she's nervous. by the time they finally got to westover hall, it was getting dark, and she'd told the three girls every embarrassing baby story there was to tell about percy.