wells' dad's a dick

[CHAPTER 2]

[CHAPTER 2]

[SPACE SHIPS AND HELLO'S]

Atlas Grey's body jerked forward as the old rusted drop ship struggled to carry the 100 delinquents safely to the ground. 

It was simple enough to say the 16 year old boy was beyond confused. One minute he was pacing in his muted cell, awaiting his impending death - and the next thing he knows, he and the rest of the prisoners of the skybox are being loaded into the hunk-of-garbage-drop ship, and being sent to earth. 

He unconsciously fidgeted with the metal wristband, clasped around his lower arm as the cold device pierced into his skin, irritating the boy. Atlas Grey had always been an 'ignore your problems until they go away' type, but in a situation like this, he found it nearly impossible to ignore what it was that he, and his fellow criminals, were faced with. 

His curious brown eyes wandered around to those sitting within his vicinity, taking in each of their features, and noticing some were much more excited than others, some much more petrified. Atlas found himself in a grey area between the two emotions, not scared, but not quite excited - his cynical mind had drifted to why they were being sent to earth in the first place. His less analytical mindset however, shifted to the council, the chancellor more specifically, and rage grew in his stomach. How could these people even let this happen? Nobody knew if earth was even survivable and yet here they were heading to that very place.

He wasn't quite sure if he'd rather be back on the ark than strapped down to the seat underneath him. He had been in solitary confinement for a few months after an altercation with a couple of guards. Yes, solitary bored him out of his mind, but at least he was certain of when, where and how he would die. Here, the uncertainty played on his mind. 

Atlas' thoughts were interrupted as a few screens scattered around the ship had turned on, illuminating the face of the very chancellor that plagued his thoughts. He'd be damned if he ever listened to a thing Jaha said, Atlas wasn't exactly one for rule following - he let his eyes continue to explore the faces of the kids he was likely to die alongside with. He had to double take when a kid from behind shouted out "Your dad's a dick Wells." 

No shit.

Atlas could not believe nor comprehend the fact that Jaha had sent his own son on this suicide mission. An amused smile appeared on his face as he craned his neck to find the boy in question. He was sitting a few rows behind Atlas next to a blonde who he only assumed could be Clarke Griffin. Though he'd never admit it out loud, Atlas had the biggest crush on the blonde growing up - he had surely outgrown that now, he can blame John Murphy for that. The older boy, despised the upper class with a passion, and that had subsequently rubbed off on Atlas, (who as an impressionable teenager would), looked up to his rage-full and rebellious friend.