Atlas the righteous

[CHAPTER 11]

[CHAPTER 11]

[Jasper Jordan protection squad]

Atlas Grey and John Murphy were a dynamic duo, people knew this. But they certainly weren't the only ones on the ground. When Atlas saw Monty's worry for Jasper, it reminded him much of himself. He didn't know either of the boys on the ark, but he was sure the two of them were similar to him and his friend - besides a couple of loose screws. Having your other half being seriously injured, not sure if they're going to survive, is terrifying - it's like the threat of loosing one of your limbs. Monty now knows what that's like, Atlas and John knew it too. They had it tough on the ark, but they still had each other to stitch up their wounds and worry for their health at the end of the day. 

The group of teens were forced to huddle into the drop ship overnight, a yellow fog having filled the camp. It seemed to be some sort of poison or acid fog, some kids blistering from the mere touch of it. With the doors closed, and every shoved into the metal container, Jaspers pained screams were louder than ever and it was beginning to drive them all insane. Atlas found his gaze set securely on his best friend, for two reasons. Firstly, because the thought of Murphy being in Jasper's position terrified him - if it were him upstairs screaming like this Atlas would surely go out of his mind. Secondly, the blonde could see his friends eyes twitching and his jaw clenching, he didn't like Jasper's yelling, and Atlas needed to make sure he didn't do anything rash. 

Murphy lay lazily on a hammock, silently praying the boy on the second floor would shut up. Atlas stood on the opposite side of the ship, his arms crossed over his chest as he leant against a wall. But it appeared John Murphy was not the only one on edge. All the teens scattered around the ship expressed their annoyance at the groans, Atlas kept his mouth shut. 

"That kid's driving me crazy."

"I can't take this much longer."

"Someone needs to shut that kid up."

Instinctively, Atlas shifted closer to the ladder that lead to the second level. He was nervous somebody might try to hurt Jasper, and he wasn't about the let that happen. Sure, the Grey boy's morals were quite skewed, but he wasn't about to let an innocent boy be murdered because he was a slight inconvenience. 

His heart dropped when his brunette friend flung his feet off of the hammock and stood tall announcing to the kids "That's it. I'm ending this." 

Quickly, Atlas moved the place himself in front of the ladder, still not saying or doing anything explicitly - hoping Murphy would take a hint and lay back down. He wasn't the only person who disagreed with Murphy, a girl perked up from besides him. ""I heard Bellamy gave him till tomorrow." 

"Yeah, well, Bellamy isn't here, is he? The kid's dying anyway. I'm just getting it over with."

The two friends met each others gaze. Atlas held his ground, his arms remaining crossed - looking as if he was challenging the older boy to try and get past him. Murphy clenched and unclenched his jaw, slumping when he realised Atlas was going to be an obstacle. He walked forward, and spoke lowly so it was just the two of them who could hear. "Get out of the way Atlas."