fear of missing out

[CHAPTER 6]

[CHAPTER 6]

[A MOTH TO A FLAME]

"Hey! Dude!" The first two words Atlas spoke, or yelled, on his second day on earth were certainly not as joyous as one might assume. The boy had discovered, that whilst he was pleasing a girl in the forest, Murphy and Bellamy had taken of Wells' wristband - and despite enjoying his night, Wells' suffering is something he was pissed off to have missed. Bellamy Blake had seemingly expected the young boys outrage, as he quickly dismissed whatever conversation he was already in and rolled his eyes, turning to face his approaching figure. "Did my invite get lost in the mail? What the hell happened last night?" 

"I thought we agreed not to boss each other around?" Admittedly, Bellamy was hesitant about the kid, he was unpredictable and he could flip a switch any minute that would turn him from a charming guy into a crazed psycho. His smug, confident exterior was only a facade, he didn't really know what he was doing, he was no leader, but nobody else needed to know that.

"Oh c'mon! You know taking off Wells' wristband is something I wanted in on." He sounded childlike, and immature, left out of the loop like his friends had betrayed him. This of course wasn't true, but Atlas' mind lead him to believe the worst. He wasn't hurt, he was angry - that was how he comprehend the feeling brewing heavily in his chest. 

"You want me to be honest with you Atlas?" At his question, the blonde crossed his arms over his chest defensively, nodding rapidly despite being rather unsure if we would in fact like to know the truth. "I didn't ask for your help because I didn't know how far you'd take it." Furrowing his brows, Atlas remained silent, hoping for the man to continue. "You're a loose screw. For all I know, you would have killed Wells last night, and that would have been a mess for me to clean up." To his surprise, Bellamy's words seem to hit a nerve within Atlas. Like a punch to the gut, his entire body shifted and tensed. He was quiet for a moment, furrowed brows shaking his head, acting like he couldn't believe what he was hearing from his supposed ally. "You really think I could kill somebody?" His question wasn't accusatory or defensive which seemed to shock the Blake, reeling back a little. He wasn't expecting such a low, controlled rebuttal. Bellamy thought for sure Atlas was the type of guy to laugh it off and walk away. To be obedient in the hopes of gaining his loyalty and respect. Bellamy was a bad judge of character.

Atlas mulled over Bellamy's words for a moment. He knew he could be hot headed, his rage would often take over and his cold exterior was almost constant - but murder? Was that really what people thought of him, was he capable of such a thing? "

"Screw you." As if proving his point, Atlas shoved the man in the chest. Bellamy however, was a much stronger and bigger build than Wells Jaha who he had scuffled with just the previous day, and as a result, barely stumbled from the impact. "There's plenty of killers in this camp asshole, I sure as hell ain't one of them." The blonde point an accusatory finger directly in his opponent's face, trying his best to get the point across, but Bellamy simply swatted his hand away. "Maybe not." Atlas had no expected Bellamy to shove him back, and so he nearly lost his footing when his hands met his chest, nearly. "But I know you've got plenty of anger." In an act to assert his dominance, Bellamy grabbed onto the collar of Atlas' shirt tightly, keeping him in place. The younger boy attempted to fight back for a moment, squirming and hitting the arms that now held onto his shirt tight enough to turn it into a noose. "You wanna hurt people, do some damage? Is that it, you just want to rebel to feel something? You're making enemies with the wrong people." With one final shove, Atlas stumbled backwards and watched as Bellamy turned his back and walked away. His head remained high, as if nothing had happened - like the interaction hadn't touched him at all, the same could not be said for Atlas.