first to dye

[CHAPTER FOUR]

[CHAPTER FOUR]

[BLUE BALLED ON THE GREEN PLANET]

After Atlas' public humiliation of Jaha jr. a small group had departed in search of mount weather and the supplies that supposedly resided there. The blonde boy wasn't too optimistic that this trip would be successful given the ark had dumped them in the wrong place to begin with. He was sure that they'd be able to make do though, despite not paying attention in any of his earth skills classes, he was sure that at least one of the kids on the ground would know what they were doing. 

After his fight with Wells, people became weary of the blonde boy. Keeping an eye on him whenever he was around, some were afraid of him, others were curious - which is how the teen had found himself leant against a large tree, a short brunette girl staring up at him with a mischievous glint in her eyes. Most of these kids have been locked up for months, some even years, so it wasn't exactly surprising that their hormones were running rampant at merely the thought of a bit of action. The girl stood with her back to the tree, biting her lip and looking deeply into Atlas' eyes. The Grey boy leant closely to her, his hand placed beside her head on the rough bark, they spoke in hushed voices, giggling every now and then and attracting the attention of some passer's by.

"I can't believe I never saw you in the sky box." The girl gushed. Atlas had asked her name earlier, already forgetting as a result of the other thoughts that clouded his mind. "Yeah well, I was in and out of solitary every day." 

"That must have been lonely." 

She tugged on the rough material of his shirt softly, bringing the boy down to her height. Atlas certainly didn't protest when he felt the girl place her hand on his cheek and pull him into a deep kiss. This was Atlas Grey's first kiss in over a year, it was a little messy and hungry, but it felt good non the less. He pulled away, a cocky smirk taking over his features, one which the girl returned. She pushed her body from off of the tree and started walking away from the drop ship landing sight, nodding her head and motioning for Atlas to follow her. He licked his lips and chased after her, trying his hardest not to giggle like a child. 

John Murphy watched his friend disappear into the shrubbery shaking his head at the boys antics. This is where he and the younger boy were different. Whilst everything Atlas did was for fun, Murphy always had an ulterior motive - he needed reason. The Grey boy would start a fight and cause some trouble just for the hell of it, no logic in sight. This was indicative of their current tasks, Atlas chasing down a girl into the middle of unknown territory, and Murphy scribbling a threat on the side of the drop ship; FIRST SON, FIRST TO DYE - threatening Wells much like his friend, but for different reason. 

"If you're gonna kill someone, it's probably best not to announce it." Wells had retreated, and John Murphy now stood face to face with Octavia's brother, the guard from the drop ship. "You're not really a member of the guard, are you?" Questioned the criminal, giving the older man a once over. It was an obvious assumption, given the way he had acted towards Clarke and Wells previously. "No. The real guard will be here soon unless we stop it. You don't actually think they're gonna forgive your crimes. Even if they do, then what? Guys like us, we're gonna become model citizens now, get jobs, if we're lucky, maybe pick up their trash?" Murphy stood still for a moment, deep in though mulling over the guards words. "That bracelet. Right now, those things are telling them whether or not it's safe to follow us down." Murphy looked down to his wrist, eyeing the metal that sunk into his skin, he could see where this conversation was going. But why him? Of all the criminals on the ground Bellamy had approached him specifically. "Okay. You said we could stop it. How?"