earth skills

[CHAPTER NINE]

[CHAPTER NINE]

[live bate] 

"Hey how do we know this is the right way?" 

After previously splitting off, Clarke and Finn had found a trail of blood and Jasper's goggles. Reconvening, the group now trodded behind the spacewalker who led the way, taking moments to crouch down and asses the ground and his surroundings before proceeding on.

"We don't. Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker." Atlas wasn't sure what to make of Finn. From what he could tell, his morals were just as flimsy as his own. He didn't know what he wanted, what he was doing or where he stood, but that didn't stop him from thinking he was above everybody else. "It's called cutting sign. Fourth-year earth skills. He's good." 

"That's cute Wells. You keep track of all of his grades or-?" A dirty look sent by the chancellors son made Atlas send him a tight smile, sarcastic and patronising. It was easy to piss of Wells Jaha, Atlas had discovered that quickly, and he took so much joy from doing so. "You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" Instinctively, Atlas and Murphy shared a tired look, rolling their eyes at the spacewalker's attitude. However, there wasn't enough time to bite back, as a disgruntled groan pierced through the shrubbery, sending a shiver up each teens spine. "What the hell was that?" 

"Now would be a good time to take out that gun."

The group, for once in sync, move quietly to follow the sound. The pained screams are obviously coming from Jasper Jordan, it was a miracle that he was alive, but it was very obvious he was in a lot of pain. Atlas, despite running towards the front of the pack felt sick to his stomach. He lived for small bursts of enthusiasm and excitement that often came from dangerous situations - but this was different. He was scared that when they found Jasper there'd be an army of grounders waiting to tear them limb from limb.

 Clarke and Atlas, side by side burst through the cleaning, halting immediately. "Oh my god... Jasper." At Clarke's exclamation, the two teens looked at one another, weary, before moving forward as the rest of the group joined them from behind. The sight in front of them was enough to make a grown man queasy. Jasper had been tied with his arms above his head, his shirt stripped from his body- revealing his blood injury in the centre of his chest. Crimson droplets dribbled across his bare body, mixing in with sweat and presumably tears. 

Atlas' face is scrunched into a mix of fear and disgust, his gut twisting and turning as he took in the sight of the poor boy. His eyes and nose scrunched tightly, his lip trembling. He doesn't have enough time to process the sick feeling rising in his throat before he feels a burning sensation climb up to his shoulder. In an instant, Clarke had taken a misstep and nearly plummeted to her death within a deep pit filled with wooden pikes. Luckily for her, Atlas had been close enough for her to cling on to, she grasped onto his hand desperately as the boy let out a painful grunt, processing what was going on. He had been pulled to the ground, his chest pressed flat against the grass as his arms and head lay dangling over the hole.