CH20. Daph's POV - Twist and Shout

Chapter 20 – Daph's POV

Twist and Shout

I wake up in the morning still unsure about what I'm going to do.

To go to the flea market or not to go, that was the question.

A big part of me doesn't want to go just for the power move. I have no idea if he's going to be there, but if he is, I want to be the one that doesn't go and leaves him hanging.

Going there is admitting I like whatever is going on between us, and admitting that, that's admitting weakness on my part. At least it feels like it.

And I don't like it.

This is all so ridiculous. I don't even know this boy's name and he's taking that much space in my head?

Unacceptable.

Still, knowing all of this, I get dress up.

Because I'm going. Of course I'm going.

I don't exactly plan on building a life with this man. I just want to hook up. What does it matter if he disrespected the Beatles? He clearly has bad musical taste, but that shouldn't affect his performance.

At this point, I don't want to think about it anymore.

I'm going to stop thinking about it, and worry about it.

Let's just make bad decisions and regret them later.

So, after I'm done getting ready, I drive to the flea market.

I should probably buy something. I haven't been buying anything for the last few weeks. That might be slightly suspicious.

Once I get there, I spot Hot Flea Market Guy's table quickly. I kinda wander around.

He sees me. He smiles. He looks around. He tells the guy with him something. The guy rolls his eyes.

And the Hot Flea Market Guy leaves his table and heads for the bathroom.

So, I guess he got over the Beatles Rolling Stone thing too?

I'm torn between being satisfied over that and a little disappointed.

I would have liked him to stand his ground and put up more of a fight.

I'm clearly deranged.

I wait a few minutes and then follow him.

I have my hand on the door, about to pull it open, when it's pushed and it almost knocks me on my face.

"Wait, wait, wait, we can't go in there, there's a kid with his dad," Hot Flea Market Guy says in a rush, his hands going to my shoulders, pushing me away.

I glare at him. "Is this real or are you just trying to throw off my game by not going in a bathroom stall with me?"

He snorts and makes a swooping motion towards the men's bathroom. "You're welcome to check."

I sigh crossing my arms over my chest. He drops his hands from my shoulder. We stand awkwardly face to face, in the middle of the hall. "So, now what?" I ask.