CH3. Josh's POV - Something Happened to me Yesterday

Chapter 3 – Josh's POV

Something Happened to me Yesterday

Kissing some girl in a bathroom shouldn't be that big of a deal.

It's been two weeks. Two godforsaken weeks since she just left me there in that bathroom breathless and with quite the hard-on. I'd been too surprise to realize I should have ran after her. I thought she was kidding. I thought she was going to run back in my arms. I didn't think she was really going to just up and disappear.

And disappear she has. She's been missing in action ever since our lovely encounter. I hate to admit it, but her absence almost gave me a nervous break down and I did call Todd and asked him to pull out every death notice of blond girls under twenty five and he did call me a fucking lunatic but he did give them to me and I did come empty handed and I did dance around in my apartment for fifteen minutes when I realized she wasn't dead but then I did start to freak the fuck out when I realized that maybe then she just wasn't coming back and stalking her would become time consuming and I should just mentally shut up get out of my car and walk into my parents house and have dinner with my family.

My father is hell bent on having at least one dinner with the whole family every week. I understood the sentiment behind the action but it always felt like such a hassle.

It was one evening every week where I could see my father judging me. My mother was always more understanding but that was probably only because she wasn't my real mother. I mean, for all intend and purposes she's my mom. She's held the title waaaay longer than my biological one did.

And I love her, I really do, but sometimes, deep down, I hate her too. I hate the fact that she took my mother's place so easily. I hate that she got pregnant so fast. I hate that she made my father move on, that he couldn't take care of me while he was processing his grief but he could shag her. I hate that even after all these years, even though I know my father loves my adoptive mother, I can see it, the crack in the relationship, the ever so present but you're not her, you'll never be her.

In all honesty though, I lost my mother too young to really be able to feel the true weight of her death. To me, the first time I really experienced death was when my bestfriend died in a car accident. Jayden was the brother I never had. There was a connection with him that I was never able to find with anyone else after, not even his little brother and my now-bestfriend Blake. It was different with Jayden. He was the big brother. He was the one in charge. I love Blake but he's like my little brother. It's just a different relationship, the kind where I always feel I need to protect him. I never felt the need to shield Jayden from anything but I do with Blake.

I never even had the guts to tell him he wasn't the only artist that his parents produced.

I still have boxes filled with Jayden's drawings. I'm the guardian of his art. His drawings were very peculiar. There's a lot of gestural stuff and sometimes there's kind of a childlike quality to it, but the way he used the lines and everything, they all just looked so damn good.

I've never had the heart to tell Blake about his brother's artistic talents. Jayden always told me I wasn't allowed to tell him. He wanted his little brother to feel special. He wanted him to think that art was his thing. Blake always idolized his big brother, but he also undermined himself whenever he compared himself. Jayden was worried that if Blake knew he could draw he would stop.