CH9. Josh POV - When the Whip Comes Down

Chapter 9 – Josh's POV
When the Whip Comes Down

I'm bored so I decide to go see Todd. He's not answering my calls, but that doesn't matter. I'm one persistent muthafucker.

            I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not thinking about Flea Market girl and that I haven't been chasing distractions for the last few days.

            Miss Puss looks at me like she sees through my bullshit when I grab my keys and head out.

            When I knock at Todd's door, Maddox, his step-brother-slash-roommate, opens it.

"Hey, is Todd here?" I ask, peeking behind him.

"Nah, he should be back soon though," he tells me, before taking a bite from his apple. He moves out of the way from the door to let me in. "You should have called first."

I walk in, and close the door behind me. "I did call him, but he keeps hanging up on me."

Maddox turns around and narrows his eyes at me. "Did you mention dolphins?"

I grin. "Like, one time."

He's is still looking at me weird. "You okay?"

"Not sure."

"What?"

"You look like Miss Puss didn't let you pet her for a week."

Huh. Not completely off. "I guess that's close to it."

Now Maddox grins at me. "Wanna talk about it?"

I know that look. I probably came here for that look. He doesn't mean talking. It's never talking with him.

I take the three steps that separate us and crush my lips against his.

Maddox drops his apple but he is not surprised. We've done this before. This isn't the first time I'm kissing him.

His arms go around me, keeping me close.

I don't know what makes me want to kiss a person more than another. I know gender is not one of the deciding factors. It's more like do they have a nice voice, do they seem interesting enough to hold a conversation when we stop making-out, do they have soft skin, does my heart beat a little faster when I kiss them, do they have blonde hair and naughty eyes... Damn it.

I keep kissing Maddox, leading him to the couch before pushing him down, never taking my lips off of his.

Kissing a guy should be different enough to keep my head in the right place. Maddox is not curves and softness. Maddox is sharp lines and hard flesh.

My hand goes under his shirt and his goes to the back of mine.

The sound of the front door shutting very loudly makes me jump suddenly.

"Would you get off of Maddox, you little bi slut," Todd says, glaring at us.

"Pan slut, you ignorant fool," I reply, but comply with the demand, getting up and off his step-brother.

"Whatever, just stop making out on my goddamn couch. Maddox, you know this shit, he's never going to take you out for dinner."

Maddox licks his lip and grins a little. "Dinner wasn't exactly what we had in mind."