twenty-eight

august 5, 2021

august 5, 2021

"jung haneul it is like three in the morning why are you awake."

"why are YOU awake."

"I HAVE TO PEE BITCH."

"THEN GO PISS GIRL."

beomyoung rolled her eyes playfully and went to use the bathroom. haneul chuckled and went back to playing angry birds on her phone.

she was midway through level 55 when she got a message notification. the small resting smile she had faded when she looked at the contact name.

MESSAGES

marker lee

MARK
we need to talk

HANEUL
are you fucking kidding me

HANEUL
LEE MINHYUNG IT IS THREE
IN THE FUCKING MORNING

MARK
then why are you up

HANEUL
I COULDN'T SLEEP YOU
DUMBFUCK

HANEUL
plus what makes you think i
want to talk to you

MARK
i know but

MARK
please haneul it's important

HANEUL
...

HANEUL
fine

HANEUL
i'll be at the park

MARK
the one where you tried
to beat me up?

HANEUL
yes

HANEUL
and now there's no jeno
or police around to stop me

MARK
lord have mercy

-

haneul grumbled and yeeted the blankets off of her, throwing on some sweatpants and a jacket, since she literally just slept in bike shorts and a t-shirt. grabbing her keys and pepper spray, she hustled out of the dorm to the park.

it'd been nearly a month since mark broke up with donghyuck for narae, and stopped talking to the sushi society. the breakup thing by itself was kinda messed up, since mark really was out here leaving his boyfriend for donghyuck's best friend's aggressive and emotionally abusive ex.

that alone, the sushi society could at least ignore and pretend like it never happened (aside from donghyuck and haneul obviously), but when mark just stopped replying to everyone, not even reading the messages, they all felt lowkey backstabbed, especially since it was narae.