Chapter 5- Non-Date

Chapter 5– Non-Date

I’m going to need all you guys help to continue it!

I need you all to comment on how I’m doing, what you like, what you don’t like!  I need suggestions on what you would like to see happen!  I need questions! And don’t forget to Vote!

P.S. if you don’t feel comfortable about commenting, feel free to send me a private message!

Hope you enjoy!

********************

“You look great,” Wes said as we walk to his car.

“So what book are being debated tonight?” I asked.

“All Classic, Pride and Prejudice, Great Expectation, The Scarlett Letter, Gone with the Wind, and more.” He explained.

“How long is this thing?” I wondered that a lot to get through.

“Just three hours, they are long debates just mini ones.” He stated noticing my thoughts.

The rest of the car ride was silent and Remy’s words kept replying in my mind “like on a date?” Does Wes think this is a date? I don’t know if he knows I’m engaged, I mean I always wear my ring I haven’t taken it off since the day Christian slipped it on my finger.  Do guys take notice of that? Besides it’s a book debate, research for our project.  This is not a date, is it?

“Ready?” Wes asked as he pulled into a parking place.

“Of course,” I answered.

“Do you think I should set my phone to record this?” Wes suggested as we took our seats in the fourth row back.

“Maybe, it may help us in preparing our debate.  Use it a saw references.  I mean I’m definitely going to take notes.” I replied pulling out a notepad and pen from my purse.

“Okay, then yes recording it.” He decided.

“Good evening everyone, we are so glad you all can join us.   Today we have with us five of the most successful writers with us, Danielle Steel, Nicholas Sparks, J.K Rowling, James Patterson, and Sidney Sheldon.” The host said as each writer stood as their name was called.  “This debate will be worked like a panel a book will be introduced and the writers among this table will debate how the please. Please hold all questions to the end.” She finished and the light dimed and brighten above the writers table.

“First novel; Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin.” The speaker announced.

“Possibly one of the most romantic story of old times, the choice between expectation and heart.  Darcy knows he should not love Elizabeth but decide to beyond his better judgement.” J. K. Rowing expressed.

“Yes, but the prejudice behind it all with her family…” Sidney Sheldon stared and the debate started.

“That was so great; oh my I really enjoyed it.” I praised once the debate ended.

“Good, I knew you would.” Wes stated looking straight at me with a huge grin.

“Can we go meet the authors?” I asked.

“Go ahead,” he approved as I went up to meet the authors asking them about their answered and parsing them on the debate, thanking them for a great debate this evening.

“So you really had a great time?” Wes questioned as we walk to his car.

“Yes, very much,” I told him just as Remy’s question ran through my mind, “like a date?”  “Um Wes I think we need to clear something up?”

“Sure, what?” he quizzed with confusion.

“Is this like a date?” I had to ask.

“Did you think that’s why I asked you?” He asked back.

“No, I just thought a school thing but then my sister in law,” I started but couldn’t finish.

“it wasn’t a date, I thought it was a good idea to help with our project.  Don’t get me wrong, you’re beautiful women and have a great personality, I be so lucky to date you, but you don’t think I noticed the ring on your finger.    Whoever gave you that is one lucky guy to have you in his life.  I myself am in three year long relationship but my girlfriend doesn’t enjoy these things because she is deaf.” He explained to me.

“Oh, wow now I feel stupid, ridiculous Remy for putting that idea in my head.” I said to myself.  As he drove me home he told all about his girlfriend and I told him all about Christian.  It felt good to have a friend in him.

“Have a nice night, Christian an one lucky guy.” He told me.

“You too, Kathrine is a real lucky girl,” I told him back.

“Night,” we both said in unison and he drove off as I went into the house and straight to bed.

*******************

Hope you like it!  I know it’s a little different writing style as the first one but honestly I can’t seem to get this one going.

Should I continue!

Vote and comment or I may not continue!

All ideas, questions, and suggesting are welcome!

Please let me know what you think and what you like to see happen!

If you have any questions for me or my characters please leave them in the comment area and I promise they will be answered!