4.

connected raindrops

connected raindrops

Monday came, which was the next day after the whole 'not on duty' situation, and Mikey being Mikey, forgot to check the weather news because he was busy drinking his beautiful latte

It was raining, and Draken, Emma, Takemichi, all his friends left him in the school, in thoughts that he knew abour today's weather.

And he didn't.

So that's why he was running to the nearest possible rooftop with his blazer on his head, he wasn't sonic so he got soaked in the process. He couldn't really see clearly so he had to rely on his other senses to sense if he reached a destination that could cover him.

When he felt the contact of raindrops stop, he turned to see a small building with the big sign of 'Barista's Aroma', the cafe he had been going to everyday for the past days.

Before he opened the door, someone beat him to it, luckily his reaction time was good and he moved out of the way before he could get hit, "Oi! Watch where you're goi-"

His eyes landed on a certain h/c haired girl, you.

Not continuing his sentence, he just stood there quietly as you looked at his direction, seemingly confused on the sudden yell.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," you bowed your head a bit before realizing that the person was the certain blond you had been expecting to come visit, Mikey. "Ah! Mikey-san! You're drenched! Hold up, let me get you a towel!"

And that's how you and Mikey ended up in this situation.

For what happened, you gave Mikey some towels to dry himself up in the cafe bathroom, afterwards you offered him to sit down and if he wanted something, to which he replied with his usual caramel latte with a latte heart, and once you did, you both sat down in silence and awkwardness.

Not wanting to sit in the awkward atmosphere anymore you spoke first, "Do you like any songs?"

"No."

"Alrighty, do you mind if I play my playlist?"

"Go ahead."

So you did, but there was still a tension as the first song played, but the tension was small, you knew this was your only shot to talk to the male that had been on your mind for days.

"Mikey-san, is there a reason to why you were ru-"

"What were you doing leaving the shop a moment ago?"

You both stared at each other, Mikey apologized for interrupting but you said it was alright, "Let me continue, why were you running in the rain a while ago?"

"I forgot to bring an umbrella."

"Oh? But the news said there would be r-"

"I didn't watch the news okay!? Now enough questions for you!"

Chuckling, you leaned your back on the chair you were sitting at, looking at the male who was pouting at the fading of his heart, "Okay, so what did you wanna ask me?"

"Earlier, you were leaving the shop, why?"

"Ahh. My boss told me to stay in until the rain dies out for customers, but you know, it's raining why would there be? So I wanted to leave early y'know? Not like he would know."

Mikey blinked as you ended your sentence, "You were trying to not do your job?"

"It was raining so I figured there wouldn't be any customers."

"Well your assumption was wrong, I'm here."

You sighed, smiling as you rested your head on the table, "Yep, and I'm glad you're here." closing your eyes, you realized you were quite tired after hours of work, but you had a customer, so you knew it wasn't good if you had slept right then and there.

Silence lingered the air once more. Mikey was staring at your calm face, processing what you had just said, he blushed, fortunately your eyes were closed so you couldn't see how he looked.

"Are you gonna sleep?"

"That would be rude wouldn't it?"

Mikey watched as you stretched your arms, you went out of your seat and went to the counter, he noticed that you were gonna make another drink, "What are you making?"

"(Your beverage), one of my favorites."

Going back beside me, you sipped in your drink and turned to face Mikey, "Can I help ya?"

"You're not acting professional."

"I wonder why, maybe your presence makes me comfortable, who knows?"

You both chatted as the rain started to go away, Draken picked up Mikey, he fortunately found him after looking for a while when he realized Mikey left his place in the school.

His friend obviously scolded him while you just stared at the pair, remembering you had your own problem of not closing the shop at the specfied time your boss gave.

Closing up, you waved farewell at the two friends and both you and Mikey went to your homes with feelings in your chest.