10.

advice and make ups

advice and make ups

"Ah, so lovergirl's ignoring ya?" Shinichiro asked

"She has a name you know?" Mikey grunted in annoyance. He questioned why he even asked someone who was rejected 45 times for love advice.

His brother laughed as he ruffled his hair, Shinichiro thought about how this was the first time for Mikey to act like this. "Well, you came to the right person 'cuz your bro's a love expert!"

'I doubt that.'

Shinichiro cleared his throat to get Mikey's attention.

"If there's one thing I learned from my twenty-eight years of living, it's that when girls are like that, they like you."

Mikey glared at his brother with irritation and confusion. "How are you so sure?"

"They ignore you because they're shy and don't want you to know about their feelings! Or they feel awkward because they like you!" Shinichiro smirked at his brother with confidence.

"Or maybe, she hates me."

As his older brother continued to ramble at how wrong he was, he couldn't help to feel giddy at the thought of you feeling that way. He truly wanted to believe whatever myth Shinichiro was saying was true, but the overthinking was still there.

Shinichiro saw him not paying attention, he was about to get mad until he saw the sad look on his brother's face.

"Hey, Manjiro, don't let it worry you."

Mikey looked at him with a sad smile while sighing.

"Yeah, thanks."

- ღ -

Next he went to Izana for help.

Even if he didn't have experience with women because he found them a waste of time, he did give great advice.

Well, he did have experience, just not.. good.

"I suggest you give her time to sort things out."

Mikey agreed and was fascinated by his brother's words.

"Or just move on and let her be."

On second thought, maybe he didn't give very good advice.

Though he ignored the last part of Izana's advice, he took the first part. Mikey gave you time in case you were sorting something out.

Waiting time went on for days, which included a waiting time for his caffeine.

He waited, and waited, but there was still no sign of you wanting to notice him. Even if he went to the coffee shop everyday like always, you were never there to ask for his order.

Oh how he missed your sweet voice to ask him 'Can I take your order?'

- ღ -

Another week came, and still no sign.

He could've waited years if he needed to, just for you. But was he waiting for nothing all along?

Mikey had no choice but to finally ask Emma for help.

At this point, he didn't need advice, he just needed to know if you were okay.

"Emma."

His sister looked at the door in surprise, "Learn how to knock!"

"Sorry, but how is y/n?"

Emma's eyes widened, she let out a huge grin while Mikey was confused, still waiting for a reply. "What?"

She giggled in excitement, "I'm so gonna tell y/n about this!"

"HA?!"

After minutes of running around, with Mikey screaming and Emma laughing as she texted you, they finally calmed down.

"y/n really wants to talk to you!"

Mikey blinked in confusion, he processed her words, then started to blush. "SERIOUSLY?!"

"Yeah! She was planning to for weeks now, but she thought it was too late and that she thought you were annoyed by her being dramatic already."

"I would never be annoyed by her."

"That's what I've been telling her!" Emma yelled, "She's waiting for you to make the first move!"

Mikey was shocked by everything he was hearing at this moment. Seriously? Was his sister telling the truth? Thoughts flooded his mind.

"Thank you.. Emma."

- ღ -

The blond entered the Barista's Aroma café knowing exactly what to do.

He spotted you, 'Just as beautiful as ever.' he thought with a look of adoration as you served teenage girls their orders.

Little did he know, you were thinking the same thing. You felt his aura just when he walked in, you didn't even need to look up to know he was there, and that he was beautiful.

It was Mikey's turn to order at your counter, just when you were about to ask a coworker to take over for you, he spoke.

"Aren't you gonna ask me what my order is?"

Your eyes widened at the sound of his voice. You turned to look at him in surprise.

Silence lingered the air, thankfully there were no next customers to complain about how long he was taking, not that he would've cared anyway.

"..so?"

While you were still in shock, you managed to let out a word. "Manjiro..?"

For the first time in weeks, Mikey heard you say something to him, and it made him happier to hear his name being the first word you said.

"Listen, y/n, I'm not annoyed," you were again, shocked. "so please start talking to me again."

Nothing mattered to you guys except for the person in front of each other, which was also, each other.

Silence, just silence, but the eye contact you shared spoke volumes.

With a soft, relieved voice, you let out words that you've been meaning to say for weeks.

"Can I take your order?"