9.

realizations and avoidance

The following day, Mikey had already left the coffee shop after he finished his beverage and had a friendly chat with you

Night time went by and you were in Hina's house, she suggested in having a study sleepover to which you agreed due to the exams coming ahead, but you knew this wasn't the only reason she asked you to go there.

"Naoto! We're home!" Hina yelled for her brother.

"We? Oh. Welcome to our home." Naoto Tachibana, Hina's younger brother, greeted you politely and went back to his room after you nodded in acknowledgement.

She put down her things on one of her tables when you reached her room, once both of you settled down, she completely changed her persona and gave a look that said 'speak up.'

"What?"

"Aren't you going to speak about the boy that's been visiting our shop daily, just for YOU?"

"Don't put it that way, Hina! He's just visiting for his coffee like everyone else! It's nothing special!" you quickly avoided eye contact, turning your head everywhere but facing her.

Trying to convince Hina that everything was misunderstood though it was clear she did not believe you, "Okay, but he doesn't go to any other Baristas to make one for him!"

"And let's not forget the time he literally waited for you to get on your shift just so you can make him a latte heart, are you seriously gonna ignore that? It's no doubt you mean something to him!"

She looked at you with one brow raised, "Okay sure yeah, but maybe he likes my work-!"

"Y/n no! He likes you! Anyone could tell but you!"

You thought more about it, of course you weren't blind, you knew you held a place in his life and that you meant something to him, but the 'romance' part didn't strike you first, you thought of it as taking interest in somebody type of thing, not romance.

"Let's not talk about thi-"

"Oh, we will." She changed her stood up, went to the kitchen, grabbed some snacks, and went back. "This is gonna be a long night, so eat this while we talk about it."

- ღ -

After that unnecessarily long talk with Hina that night, you were stuck in your thoughts the following day and made more mistakes that normal.

You could only think about how Hina was right, you did like him. But of course, you were in denial as you only knew him for about a month or less, however, he made you feel safe- and his brother was so attractive.

The door opened and it was of course, Mikey, but with the company of his two friends that you already knew as Draken and Takemichi.

While they entered the cafe at the same time, they all walked to different aisles, Mikey going to yours, of course.

You were happy he was willing to go to your counter, although the realization made you wanna avoid the male at all costs for atleast a day.

So when Mikey was close to your counter, you immediately informed Emma that you were gonna work at the back for the day and asked someone to cover up for your cashier duties.

Now to Mikey, he was confused, confused as to why you suddenly left your counter when he was about to order.

He was now face to face with another unfamiliar cashier, "Hi sir! What do you wanna or-" the barista stopped her words when Mikey left the counter.

Mikey went to Emma's counter, Draken was also there having small talks with his girlfriend, "Ken-chin, she left." he pointed to the counter where the unfamiliar female barista was standing at.

"Y/n-chan said that she'll work at the back for the rest of the day, I don't think you'll be able to see her." Emma stated.

"That's weird. Maybe tomorrow then. For now, order something from Emma." Draken patted Mikey's shoulder as the short blond just side in dissapointment and confusion.

"No, I'm good, I'll be outside."

- ღ -

It went like that for the past days.

It reached to the point where Mikey questioned if you even worked there anymore. Even if he got close to ordering, you always went away with the excuse of 'working in the back'.

You on the other hand, couldn't bare to feel his presence nearby. You had found out you liked the short blond and it wasn't guaranteed that he liked you back, so when you looked at him, all you could think of was if he liked you back and you were suffocating.

Mikey didn't taste a single drop of caffeine for the past days, he refused to drink any type of coffee if it wasn't made by you.

The blond was now infront of his eldest brother's room, he never expected to ask for relationship advice from HIM, especially since he never had a girlfriend and was rejected forty-five times.

He knocked, and the door was answered by the one and only best brother ravenette.

"What do you need, Manjiro?"