Prologue

Reina's Point Of View

Sweat dripping on my forehead as the immense amount of fear begins to overwhelm me and now can be seen in my legs shaking vigorously in hopes that it would leave my body but miserably failed. Reina, look around you. A rope that was loosely put on her neck not even tied up, hands that are firmly secured together with no way out and a closed gate which could be the only potential escape root out of this stupid cell but we all know the stupid man that put me in here.

To think that he truly was falling in love with me is something that I no longer believe; I refuse to believe that he has any common sense or the ability to use his feeling for someone to override the possibility of doing something that they were clearly not capable of committing to the other person. He was now the man that I hated. Not pausing to think had just led to him jumping to a conclusion. A very much hurtful conclusion. A conclusion for an accused rat. Someone that they would slowly torture and burn them along the living pathways of hell enlightening the whole world.

Damn the humiliation you would have. The humiliation he was passing to my hand as if it was a gift. Reina Romano. If that gets to the underground, my family sure as hell would hear it but they wouldn't believe it because for us family was the most important thing that we had in our life and we had to cherish it. Even if I'm rude to them with no kindness or affection hunting in my voice, they are the people I have the most love with. The ones I'll always be grateful for as they stood next to me when they even had the opportunity given at their hands to leave. Family will always be my everything.

Panic was creeping up on me like an unnatural awakening and was preying on my slight vulnerability of fear. I wouldn't let that. I wouldn't let my fear be the weakness when he kills me. There are no ifs or maybe because he will. The man was most vicious and hastily acting one that I have ever met. Did I even need to mention his irrationality and stubbornness? It would cause his own major demise and will only kill him mentally in the end. With just even one proof that was in his favour would make him believe that he was right. He would never go by the heart but only the mind for he did belong to the mafia after all.

Footsteps were approaching where I was sitting and now my breath was now fastening. I saw the man coming towards me in a very uneasy manner and that's when it all hit me. Sloan. The guy that took one too many holidays. He was the rat. There were a number of reasons that stood out to me now. He acts friendly way too much and that kept him very much believable but in the mafia world best friends were to stick to each other and keep each other safe but for one that took two holidays in the period that I had been with Jax that was quite a lot.

I can't pin all the blame on him though because at the end of the day, Jax was the one that chose to kill me. The one who chose not believe me. The one who ends up messed up because he followed his head and not his heart. Would I be a bad person for saying that he would deserve all the pain that he gets and I wanted him to feel it? I do mean it so badly. I hate him so much right now and only if he wasn't so blind to see the truth, he would understand everything.

Just then the man who had a gun in his hand was aiming straight at my face. I was defenceless. Hands were tightly cuffed at the back of the chair. My legs were now numb and cold. I couldn't feel it at all and I hated that feeling. One of the worst. A time that would remind me of Kai. I told him about Kai. Fucking hell; I was down too bad for him and now I was paying the price. We had our ups and downs but in the end he nether trusted me nor believed me. He was a hollow hollow hollow human being in my books and now I wouldn't live much longer thanks to him. That's blood on his hands.

Just then the man holding the gun hit the floor and standing behind him was Angelo with a metal pole in his hand. What was he doing here? Shouldn't he be with Jax talking about how to kill me? The guy who hates my absolute guts was here and for an unknown reason. Damn that definitely scares me more than it should.

"Reina." Angelo plainly stated. No tone. The raw feeling of fear was now taking over me but I concealed it more that I would usually be able to.

"Angelo." I whispered matching his exact energy revealing no aspect on what emotions that I was currently experiencing, "you come to add your little own taste of torture or are you here to tell me I was right all along or are you- "

"Shut up," he snarked while rolling his eyes to the back go his head walking towards the back of my chair. He began to undo the secure knot that kept my hands so helpless and weak and then did the same to my legs.

"What the hell are you doing? Shouldn't you be killing me just like Jax wanted you to be. Huh?" I sneered.

"No because you aren't the rat." He was too busy getting the rope off my neck to even look at me, "it's Sloan."

"Sloan?"

"Yeah, him. Got us all fooled under hid friendly act but he was the one that was making friends with the guy that nearly got us all killed the night the Milans attacked."

"Does Jax know?"

"No, we have a photo to show him as proof. Felix is sorting it out right now."

"Why are you even helping me? You don't even like me at all."

"You're right I don't but you're innocent until proven guilty right," he helped me get up and dusted me down while I held onto him for support, "I need you to go to my house. It's the little house on 32 Swift Lane and you take some clothes whatever you need and you go online and take a flight and hide out. There's a cell phone on the tab- "

"Wait," I interrupted him, "you want Jax to think I'm dead?"

"He wants you dead, Reina and he's the boss. I'm helping you and that goes against the code but I'm willing to bend the rules if it means that he won't have that much of a heartbreak once he realises, you're alive. It will kill him in the end but Reina you have got to stay hidden and as I was saying before the cell phone on the table is yours and my numbers on there. Once you land, wherever you do phone me, ok?"

I nodded but then blurted out "I'm the Black Hunter."

"What...what?"

"Don't worry I'll explain later. How do I get out of here?"

"You can't. There are cameras everywhere."

"Get me a laptop. I'll be able to hack my way out of here."

He nodded and left and came back within moments, "this was the best I could do with the time."

"it's fine." I responded politely. Hacking my way through his system, I felt Angelo's curious stare on me, "what?"

"Why did you kill here?"

"Rapists. Sex offenders. Predators. Those are the people I hunt. The other are people that chat shit on the family name anyway. I'm a Romano after all."

"Sicilian mafia Romano?"

"indeed."

"Done. It'll be down for 20 minutes if we're lucky."

"Back entrance. Run Reina and don't turn back. Not for one second."

I did exactly that and now here I was at the airport with a flight ticket to Spain. A one-way journey. It was time to close this chapter in my life is what I would like to think but both I indefinitely knew that the past will haunt me like a rabid dog.

However now with the help of Angelo, I had outsmarted him.