Chapter Fourteen - Burritos

Reina's Point of View

As soon as the doorbell rang, there was a gun pointed at Narc's face and I instantaneously drew out my gun. I looked up to meet one of the most well known criminals in the world.

Harlow River Cortez. The woman, who rules most of Europe and South America, has men trembling at the sight of her. Her grey eyes bore onto Jax's, serious and solemn; if she wanted to she could kill everyone. Started her own legacy in Mexico with the cartel, she then expanded to multiple countries and powerful men bowed down to her both willingly and in fear. Honestly, in the mafia world, she is the most powerful man and everyone knew not to mess with her because she gave no damn to excuses, no hesitation to castrating and no fucks to someone's worth.

France was her territory and whether or not we got the permission from her, we would be killed. So the next few seconds with the wrong words would only cost us our life.

"Cortez, lovely to see you again." Jax stated calmly.

"Want to tell me, what you're doing on my territory with no permission," she snarled with a hint of hatred pouring out of her. She is not a woman that anyone would mess with; anyone would rather kill themselves that stand in her presence disrespectfully.

"A deal. I stay here for the weekend and get the hell out first thing on Monday morning and you get the land in Spain I have," Jax quickly slid through his teeth. I had forgotten about that land; he was granted that as gratitude from a former cartel boss when they assisted to each other. It was the only piece of land in Spain that wasn't owned by Cortez.

"If it isn't done by 5 pm, I'll have the honour of sending your dead body back to your dearest daddy," she snarled, "and I'm not joking around."

"Understood," he spoke. Her grey eyes slanted to me, with a hint of curiosity.

"You're a Romano, aren't you?" she questioned raising her eyebrows.

"That would be me," I said humbly, while wondering how on hell's earth she managed to figure that out so quickly.

"Tell you're brother that we have business to deal with," she said before pulling the door and exiting.

"Nem, let me just make a phone call, quick," he said pressing a kiss on my forehead, while exiting the café and standing outside. I stood there looking at the menu on the top of the cashier counter. He was probably sorting out the whole getting the land to Cortez in time so we can stay together. Intimidating and beautiful at the same time. She had a more humble attitude, which is more refreshing than the arrogant made men we see all the time at events.

A hand was placed on my lower back, fluttering butterflies in my stomach.

"Sorry about that, sweetheart. Did you see any coffee you wanted?" he asked while staring into my eyes.

"I'll just take a hot chocolate. Let me guess, you just want a black coffee?"

"You know me too well," he responded while a low chuckle lingers in the air.

"Ok, you order and I'll grab a table." I said while walking off to the corner, that looked the cosiest. There one side with a bench and the other sea was an opposite chair. Within a couple of moments, Jax came over and sat opposite me.

As I went to grab the drink as he was putting it down on the table, he instantly grabbed it back.

"I want a kiss," he replies with a smirk playing on his lips.

"You're impossible," I retorted at him.

"And you're not getting your hot chocolate until I get my kiss from the gorgeous lady that sits opposite me and drives me fucking crazy and fucking hell, keeps me on my toes. Do I have to keep going, Nem?"