Chapter Eight - Give it to me

Reina's Point Of View

He thinks he can buy his way back into my heart. It just made my blood boil; he can't have really thought that he could do that but yet there was tenderness. A tenderness that warms my heart when he kissed my hand. A gentlemanly side of him that I would doubt anyone other than me had seen. He said he would support my dreams and giving me that amount of land did way more than that. It could provide me my legacy and I would be known and don't even get me started on the amount of money I could have.

Whether he was being sincere or not, life goes on and right now I had to go to my office to actually think about what the hell I was going to do? As I made my way upstairs, I ran into Adelina and Serephina who were at the receptionist office gossiping.

"Hey, what are you two gossiping about?" I asked them as I gave them a look. Both of them turned to each other.

"Someone just went into your office and locked so we can't even check who it is. So instead we are playing the guessing game," Ade replied softly, "£300 on Jax being in there."

"No, I think it's just some stalker whose obsessed with her because Jax would respect her privacy," Serephina argued back.

"Well, there's only one way to find out," I stated while walking to my office with both of them with me. As I entered, I saw a box sitting on my table. It was medium sized and looked somewhat heavy. Suddenly, someone screamed "SURPRISE!!" My heart had took the right exit out of my soul and pounced back to see Angelo with a huge grin on his face.

"You told me that I could never scare you but hey I already ha-" Angelo began but was stopped as a punch was aimed at his face. To be specific, my punch was aimed at his face.

"SAY SORRY ,REINA!" he screamed at an ear splitting volume.

"SORRY MY HAND HAS SOME FUCKING NEEDS!"

There was a deafening silence in the room with the judgemental stares from both Ade and Ser and within two seconds both me and Angelo busted out laughing and went in for a hug. Well that was mine and Angelo's friendship for you. Just an amazing sense of humour that was only known to us.

The door had shut only to see Ade looking at us and Ser had disappeared.

"I need to use the toilet," Angelo announced like it was breaking news on one of the channels.

"Then go," I said.

"I have no idea where it is,"

"Ade can show you,"

"Follow me," she stated.

Then again I was left there all alone in my office with a stack of paperwork but the box on the desk had intrigued me like there was a pull towards it. It could be a bomb but I couldn't really care because the curiosity was killing me.

I opened up to see a stack of books. The first one was the Spanish love deception. I had yet to read it but someone knew that and sent it to me. Opening it carefully, it was signed by Elena Armas and read a little note.

Forgiveness takes time and I'm more than willing to wait.

I see the other books like the kiss quotient and the hating game and others like those with more quotes signed and written by the authors.

I will make myself a better man just to be worthy of you.

You're not a weakness but the strength that I need in my life.

I will never let you go no matter how hard the situation gets.

A strong woman is a man's powerful weapon.