Chapter 16 - Angela

Jax's Point of View

"Angela's in prison".

That sentence struck me. I'm with Reina trying to make things right with her, becoming the most desperate man but with no shame and the whole evening comes crashing down with Angelo saying that.

Angela was one of the most cautious person when it came to the mafia business. She may be the torturer of the mafia but she was put in charge for a reason. There's no way in hell she could have messed up; as much as she was renown all over the world for her creative methods of getting people to talk, there would be no evidence. She would make sure of it. What the hell have they charged her for? Fuck.

"I'll be there," I stated angrily before dashing up the stair to grab Reina.

"Narc, what are you doing?"

"We have to go," I said while pulling her off the chair, watching the cat drop from her lap. She was both in shock and taken back from the shift in my mood but if she knew what it was about she would understand.

"Wait Cle-" she started to say before I cut off with a stare, "what the fuck is your problem?"

I ignored her commentary while dragging her off the chair and holding her hand while dragging down the stairs. I slipped out my phone from the pocket and started dialling the pilot to get the plane started and other contacts needed to get to the airport.

Everything became a mess and my mind was on Angela. The mafia had a deal with the cops around New York, so what the hell could have caused that to collapse. Half of the cops in New York are on my payroll. I noticed Reina was silent but she wasn't the top of my priority right now. Before I knew it, we reached the airport and came right onto the plane.

Nem slowly slid onto the plane and sat on a seat staring outside the window. I had a short fuse when it came to my temper and that was known by many. The fact that this situation happened when I wasn't even there. The moment it came down to me being there to protect my family, I wasn't there. I was fucking Paris trying to be romantic for a woman. A woman who absolutely owns my heart. A woman who could kill off the entire mafia with her murdering skills. A woman who I wouldn't hesitate to kill for. A woman whom I already consider to be my wife.

I turned my eyes to her. She sat quiet; not scared but more observational like she was assessing the whole situation occurring in her mind. She was more of an analysis person before she makes a move. My cautious pretty girl. The total opposite of me. The perfect match.

Walking towards her, I let a breath out and sighed. My anger gets the best of me and it's the reason why I could lose her.

"I shouldn't have shouted you, Nem," I said placing my hand around her hip. Her gaze didn't leave the window but her body shifted away from me and closer to the window instead.

"I'm sorry."

"I would rather you talk and confide in me without shutting me out with stuff... stuff like this and whatever the hell happened back home," she said coldly looking out the window. I had a quick smile when she said the word home. New York was her home and I would makes sure that she would feel the most comfortable in it, no matter what.

"Angela got arrested but there's no information yet on the reasons behind it or who even is behind the arrest."

Instantly, she flicked her head, "is Angela ok?"

"I haven't talked to her yet but she's strong and emotionless to everyone that isn't a cop. So I don't think she would have a hard time coping with the cluelessness of a situation when she's the most cautious one out of the lot of us. Anyways, she's a Martinez. She has the strong genes in her since she came out of my mother's womb"