Chapter 11 - Paris

Jax's Point of View

"Dress fancy but not too fancy, Nem. It's a date," I said while leaning into kissing her forehead and then left for the door. Heading back to my office, I found Serephina standing outside.

"You asked her on a date?" she asked me raising her eyebrows.

"Not that its any of your bus-"

"No, you stupid cunt. It is all of my business if it involves my best friend since you fucked up big last time," she interrupted giving me a stare.

"Ok, fine. Yes I am taking her on a date. Happy?"

"No because I want to organise it with Ade,"

"Ade?" I questioned.

"Adelina, dumbass," she rolled her eyes.

"No, I want to organise it," I declared in a definite tone.

"Ha, fat chance, loser!" she scoffed while turning away. Soon, she realised that I wasn't joking at all and turned to me. Paused and looked me dead in the eye.

"Hold on, you're not joking,"

"No."

"Ok, but take notes mentally while we walk," she said as she carries on walking in the way to her office, "She hates the colour pink. Her favourite flowers are tulips. Her favourite food is McDonald chicken nuggets; she has an unearthly obsession with it and I don't even know why. Her favourite fizzy drink is pepsi. Her favourite alcoholic drink is scotch on the rocks. She hates being around people that she isn't comfortable around and lastly, she prefers effort over money. Always has and always will."

She took a pause and gave me look. I took that as a sign to get lost and return back to being Ms Romano's secretary and I did exactly did that.

Returning back into my office, I saw the paperwork that had to be completed and thoroughly checked through so there were no errors. There were contracts with high ranked in importance people; she had indefinitely won her way to the top of the hotel industry with men sneering up jealous of the success which grows in her pride.

Working beneath her may be the only chance I get in redeeming myself so I'll take it, I'll grasp every single opportunity that it is in my line of sight to win her back: only then will I be complete.

Time had rushed by as it struck five, the exact time where usually people would leave. So, I casually get up and leave the finished work on the desk and made my way to Nem's office. There she sat. She doesn't even realise what she does to me. The way I instantly become light hearted when I see her in the room. The way I only have eyes for her and her alone because she's the only one that ahs managed to captivate my stone cold heart with a simple look. The way I'm utterly in love with her.

"Ms. Romano, the work is on the desk," I said as she raises her head and looks upon me with care but once she realised it was me talking her head went back to being buried deep in the work.

"Nem, be ready by seven. I'll pick you up," I declared while walking out.

Without hesitation, I picked up the phone and called Angelo and told him to meet me at the warehouse. I arrived and saw the containers being shipped to the Russia as a favour to the Ivanovs. Glaring at one of the men, Angelo stood there like he was going to snap everyone's neck in half; good for me that I was his boss so he couldn't do shit when I was around him.

"Angelo."

"Boss."

"I'm not going to be here. You can manage it right?" I questioned gesturing my eyebrows at the men who looked a tad bit petrified at Angelo.

"I'll be fine but you never skip work. Not unless it has to do with...... Reina. Oh my God! Are you going on a date? Are you going to kiss today? Are you going to propose?" he starts nagging with an evil childish grin across his face.

"Don't make me shoot you?" I seethed while taking my gun out.

"Jeez, calm down Jax. I was just kidding, you know that right?"

"What are you screaming about? I can hear your voices from the other side of the warehouse." Felix said joining in the conversation.

"Number one, I am your boss not you to me. So, don't question my actions." I demanded.

"What got in your fucking pants, boss?" he asked with his eyebrows furrowed together.

"The last minute nerves since he's going to kiss Reina tonight," Angelo added smiling.

"NO WAY BOSS. Have you practiced on fruits because apparently according to me wife they help,"

"It's concerning that your wife told you to practice kissing on fruits, Felix and number two I am having a business dinner with her simple as. Nothing more and nothing less," I stated and turned my back to walk away.

"No, I don't mind getting criticism because my wife only deserves the best, Use protection, kiddo," Felix bellowed. I took my gun and shot him just below the knee and left.

I had to pick her up at her house and I already knew where it was since it was where she had stayed last time. I rung the doorbell and Reina opened it.

She stood there in joggers and a plain grey shirt looking at me dead in the eye.

"Let's go then!"

"You look gorgeous," I whispered while leaning to kiss her cheeks, while she looks away flustered at me completely.

"Don't lie, Jax. I want this over right now." She spoke out while closing the door behind her. Grabbing her hand, I led her into my car and opened the front passenger seat's door holding outmy hand to help her.

"I don't need a man's help," she sneered at me while getting there by herself and slamming the door shut.

Same old Nem.

I took myself around the car into the drivers seat and started driving.

"Make a deal with, baby," I said while my eyes were focused on the roads ahead where the car was speeding ahead.

"I'm signing the deal for the hotel business today so yeah, I presume I will be making a deal with you," she remarked rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"No, a deal between us about us."

"There is no us." She seethed through her gritted teeth clearly causing a haste build up of anger in her veins.

"You pretend we're strangers and just keep an open mind to the rest of the night."

"What if I don't?"

"I'm afraid Ms. Romano, there will be a little pushback in your hotel business for a while." She scowled but clearly had no choice but to oblige to the conditions I had laid out for her.

"Fine." Her gritted teeth and her intense stare could freeze a soul so I was going to have to work my ass of to win her back in my life.

"Ok, Nem," I said smiling while she looked more pissed than ever.

"Where on hell's earth are we going?" she snarled at me.

"On a date," I plainly stated and that evidently pissed her off more.

"Well, where the fuck is the date at?"

"Language, sweetheart but the date is in Paris."

Her jaw hit the ground while a smile just crept onto my face. This was going to be one hell of a trip.

A/N This was a relatively shorter chapter but I want to start going back to updating regularly. I will try this but if I don't, it's because of revision for exams. Love JS x