Chapter Five - Recommendations

Jax's Point Of View

We were at Reese's house and by I mean me, Felix, Angelo and Reese and his best friend Drake. His daughter, Hazel, became someone I grew very fond of. She had the same hazel honey eyes that Nem had like an enchanting goddess. I know they both were close because she blabbered on about their daily phone calls and all of their jokes. A close relationship with her aunt is practically a guaranteed friendship for Hazel.

I am the oldest so I have no nieces and nephews from either of my brother and sister. Angelina is a workaholic of being a torturer in the mafia as well as one of the most high ranks as a criminal in the underground. Hayden is still young and is currently 'exploring' the world; his words not mine. Chief detective of the NYPD is not a role that had impressed my father at all but luckily for Hayden, mum could shut him up with her presence.

"Please, Reina is hot and you're the over protective brother for her," Drake had commented to Reese. I wasn't quite paying attention in the conversation as my mind wonders onto Nem. Her and her feisty attitude with me. I love her and no matter what I will always love her and there's no way she's going anywhere. I would swallow my pride to prove myself of being worthy of her presence. No, I wasn't worthy but that doesn't mean that I won't get better till I am worthy of her.

"I'm not overprotective. I am ... caring," Reese spoke out while hesitating in between. Drake lost it and started howling with laughter whereas Reese looked annoyed as his jaw tensed.

"Caring? That's why you tried to steal one of her guns and she knew it before you could even do it and swung you across the room that you got a concussion. She beat you up in one blow?"

"She could beat anyone up; fucking hell she's a monster not a human when it comes to the underground," Reese stated.

"What does your tattoo mean?" Hazel asked curiously while pointing at the one on my wrists. It read out Nem for Reina. I got it a couple of weeks after I killed her. An endless reminder of the cat and mouse we played acting as if we hated each other just to conceal the deep desire for the sexual deepening attraction we have for one another. She is the love of my life and as much as I would have loved to deny it back then, she always has been and always will be.

"It represents a woman that I fell in love with."

"Her name is Nem?"

"No, that was the nickname we had for each other."

"What was your nickname from her?"

"Narc."

"Cool. Anyways let's look at my new toy doll." She stated changing the topic. Just then, Nem had entered. Black crop top paired with some black shiny jeans with a black leather jacket. My eyes were on her. On her face focused on her beauty like an spell was enraptured on me. Her hazel honey eyes could represent the sweetness that she was capable of having or the sticky mess she can put someone in with her murdering and fighting abilities.

Her eyes flickered between me and Hazel while plopping herself down on the seat besides Felix. Visibly taking a breath, I could take a small and a slight glimpse and glance on the wrath, rage and anger that she holds for me and it did not look happy. I hated that is how she feels about me but I could totally comprehend why she does. I will win her back and marry her. Mark my words.

"Hi, aunty Reina. This is my best friend Jax." Hazel commented.

"Ok." She spoke out monotonously, no hint of happiness. Instead, she sounded drained and chugged down three bottles of beer with no break. I couldn't help but see that she became one to drink excessively when they began but she wasn't a lightweight. It would take twenty to thirty shots to get her drunk. Time passed but I found our eyes reconnecting every now and then with a softened gaze turning to a harsh cold stare. She could fight of the sexual tension but it will only succeed in the end.