Chapter Five

Wednesday

It was the morning already. Kassie groaned as she opened her eyes adjusting to the sunlight. She looked over to Jimmy's side of the bed. He was gone. She sighed exactly knowing where he is. The restaurant officially opened tomorrow. He had been getting up for the past 4 days at 6 in the morning to make sure everything is good in the restaurant.

Kassie got up from the bed and put on her robe and her slippers. She headed down the stairs that had lead down to the restaurant. She walked half way down the stairs and peaked over the railing.

"Jimmy?" She asked looking around trying to find him.

"Kass?" Jimmy replied. There was a loud bang followed by Jimmy saying ow. He got up from under the bar rubbing the top of his head.

Kassie walked over to him. "What are you doing under there?" She asked concerned.

"I was making sure everything was in the right place." He smiled at her.

She frowned at him. "You need sleep. I'm fine with you making sure everything is right but not this early in the morning babe. It's not good for you."

"I'll be fine. I promise."

She continued to frown at him.

"When have I ever broken a promise to you?" He smiled at her.

She looked up at him and smiled.

He wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her. "Now let's go up and eat something. We've got a big day today."

And with that the two of them headed up stairs and ate breakfast. After breakfast Kassie showered and got ready for her parents. She was wearing a mid length black shirt with sheer sleeves and some plain jeans. She had tied the front strands of her hair back. While she was cleaning up and getting dinner ready, Jimmy was taking a shower getting ready.

He came out of the bathroom and walked over to wear Kassie was.

"How do I look?" Jimmy asked.

Kassie turned around to look at him. "You look great!" She walked closer to in and poked at his pocket. "Except for what ever the hell this is."

Jimmy moved back a little. He had shoved the ring box in his pocket. "When I looked in the mirror the box wasn't noticeable. How the hell did she see it?" He thought to himself. "I uh-"

She looked at him confused. "Come on. What is it?"

"I-it's nothing." He started to sweat.

Just as she was going to say something there was a knock at the door.

Both of them turned their heads to look at the door. Jimmy had walked over to answer the door. It was Kassie's sister.

"Oh. Hey." Jimmy said as he let her in.

"Woah there calm down. Don't get to exited that I'm here." Khloe sarcastically said.

"Tch." Jimmy closed the door.

Khloe hung her coat up. "Did you guys see the building across the street was sold?"

"Yeah." Jimmy said.

Khloe sat down. "Apparently it's gonna be a burger place or something."

Kassie looked at her. "How do you know it's a burger place?"

"Well I mean the title is 'Bob's Burgers" so I'm guessing it's a burger place. I heard it opens up next week."

Jimmy rolled his eyes. "Great."