Chapter Seven

It had been a couple of weeks after the restaurant had opened. It was far to early in the morning for anyone to be up, but Kassie still got up. She looked over at Jimmy who was still sound asleep and smiled at how peaceful he looked. Once she got out of bed, she quietly made her way to the bathroom trying not to wake up Jimmy.

Once she got there, she quietly shut the door and opened one of the drawers. Inside that drawer was a box of two pregnancy tests. She sighed and took the box out. She opened it and read over the instructions twice. She took both tests and had set a two minute timer. She now had been sitting on the bathroom floor staring at the wall.

"What if I am pregnant." She mumbled. "What if Jimmy doesn't want kids?" She continued to stare at the wall.

The timer went off to which she quickly shut off. She sighed and got off of the floor. She had grabbed one of the tests and looked at it.

Her eyes widened as the test clearly read positive.

She chuckled. "Maybe this one's wrong. Just a bad test." She said and chucked it into the trash can. She looked at the other test which had also read positive. She chucked that one into the trash as well and looked at the box.

"Expires..." she sighed. "December...of course....seven months from now.." she slowly slid down the cabinets and plopped down on the floor. "My parents are gonna kill me.."

After many minutes of sulking Kassie now lays on the floor. "What is Jimmy gonna think when I tell him we have to have the wedding in five months?...He'll probably just want to cancel the wedding or ask me why. So then imma tell him and then that leads to him telling my parents which god forbid if I get pregnant before I get married, so once they find out they're not going to be at the wedding, which will lead to nobody walking me down the isle." She put her hands over her eyes and cried.

She wiped her eyes and sniffed. She got off the floor and looked at the time. It was 10 minutes before Jimmy's alarm goes off. So she exited the bathroom and made herself and Jimmy some coffee. She sat down at the kitchen table waiting for Jimmy to come out.

A few minutes later he walked into the kitchen still looking tired.

"Morning." He sat walking over to the kitchen counter.

"Morning. I made you coffee." She replied.

"Thanks." He said as he picked up the cup and leaned on the counter looking at Kassie. "How come you were up so early?"

She paused before taking a sip of her coffee. "Oh- I was having stomach issues. I'm feeling better now though."

"That's good." He took a sip of his coffee.

"Did you know that Bob is expecting a kid in September?" Kassie tried to make conversation again.

"I didn't even know Bob was married let alone having a kid." Jimmy took a another sip of is coffee.

"Yeah apparently he got married like last September."

He looked at her. "And this effects us how?"

She avoided staring at him. "Well- I just figured you know if we ever need help with the wedding or anything I'm sure they'll be glad to help us. And you know if we ever have kids one day.." she quietly said.

Jimmy chuckled. "Babe, I don't think we're having kids anytime soon."

Her eyes widened. "Why do you not want kids?"

"No it's just- ugh. Hard to explain I guess? Like not now but eventually." He lowered his eyebrows at her. "Why are you pregnant?"

She chuckled. "I- no!.. I would have told you by now...." She looked at him. "Why do you know something?"