Chapter Four

Its been about a month later, and the restaurant was almost finished. The only thing that Jimmy and Kassie had left to do was the exterior of it. So, they both went outside and put out a couple plants, some tables and chairs, and the rest of the awning.

Kassie looked across the street. There was a sold sign on the door.

"Hm, looks like someone bought the place across the street. I wonder what it's gonna be..."Kassie said.

"Great..." Jimmy said under his breath.

Kassie gasped, "OOH what if it's a candle store."

Jimmy looked at Kassie, "what's with you and candles?"

"They just smell so good."

"That's it? Just they smell good?"

"Pretty much, yeah." Kassie looked at him.

Once they finally figured out how to put the awning up, they went inside. Shortly after that, a guy with black hair walked in.

Jimmy looked at him, "I'm sorry but we're not open yet."

The guy looked at him, "Oh, I know, I just saw the hiring sign and figured-"

"Yeah, yeah uh," Jimmy walked over to him, "Jimmy"

"Trev." He smiled and shook Jimmy's hand.

"Oh and that's Kassie," He pointed to her.

Kassie waved.

"I guess I should interview you then."

Trev chuckled, "Yeah."

The both of them walk into a room that looked like a pantry.

Trev looked around, "is this your pantry?..."

Jimmy looked at him, "uh.. yeah sorry about that, there is really no other place to go"

"Oh no don't worry about it. It's just a really weird place to hold an interview."

"Yeah, yeah I know it's a really weird place to interview someone. But anyways, on to the questions, did you come here to work as a bartender, work in the back of the house, or work as a waiter?"

"Well I was planning on taking the bartender position if that's still available." Trev replied.

"Great! Do you have any experience?"

"I was a bartender at the hotel right down the street."

Jimmy looked at Trev's resume for a minute.

He looked back up at Trev. "Perfect your hired. You start next week Saturday. I'll email you the rest of the details later tonight."

Jimmy stood up.

"Wait- that's it? It's that easy?"

"Yeah I mean you have experience and we need a bartender so your the perfect person."

"Thank you!"

"Your welcome."

Jimmy walked out of the pantry with Trev not far behind. Trev waved to Kassie and left.

"Is he hired?" She asked.

"Yeah." He took down the hiring sign. "He's our bartender."

"Sweet! Oh and before I forget to tell you, we're having dinner with your mom and my family Wednesday."

Jimmy looked at her. "We're do we want to eat? Cause I'll put in a reservation tomorrow."

"No I mean we're hosting. There coming over for dinner. The upstairs is big enough that we can host dinner party's and stuff."

Jimmy stared at her.

"Oh don't look at me like that." She grabbed his cheeks with one hand and kisses him.

"Alright my work here is done. Im going upstairs and taking a nap." She headed to the stairs.

"Have fun. Im going to the store so I'll be back."

"Okay!"

Kassie went upstairs and Jimmy headed outside. He walked to the car and got in. He drove to Kassie's sisters house. Jimmy walked up to the door and knocked.

Khloe opened the door. "About damn time." She grabbed her keys and walked outside closing the door behind her.

"I was busy alright. I had to interview a new hire." Jimmy said as the two of them walked to the car.

The two of them got in and Jimmy started driving.

"So are you gonna do it on Wednesday when we all get together?" Khloe look at him.

"Do what?" Jimmy kept his eyes on the road.

"Oh come on!" She slapped his shoulder. "Don't play dumb with me. I mean are you going to propose!"

He didn't say anything.

"It's a great plan! And your not in a public place your with family."

"Maybe I want to propose in private. And have a nice moment between me and Kassie."

Khloe glared at him. "It's so much easier to propose in front of family. Then you don't have to tell everyone. Plus they all react at the same time."

"Fine! I'll propose on Wednesday if it means you'll shut up about it."

Khloe smiled.

They had arrived at jewelry store and walked in. The two of them walked up to the ring case and looked around at them.

Jimmy's eyes landed on a silver Marquise shaped diamond ring.

One of the store clerks walked over to Jimmy. "Can I help you with anything?" They asked.

"Um yeah. Can I take a closer look at that one." He pointed to ring.

"Of course!" The clerk got it out and handed it to Jimmy.

Khloe looked at it and back at Jimmy. "She'll love it."

Jimmy looked up at the clerk. "I'll take this one."

"Perfect! And what's the luck ones ring size?"

Khloe gave the clerk Kassie's ring size and they came out with the ring in a box and handed it to Jimmy. He payed for it and him and Khloe left the shop.

They got in the car and started driving back to Khloe's house.

"So what season do you want the wedding in." Khloe asked

"I don't know."

"Do you and a big, small, or medium sized wedding?"

"Look Khloe I don't know. And this whole thing depends on if she even says yes or not." He tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

Khloe look at him. "Your nervous she's gonna say no aren't you?"

He didn't say anything.

"Look, she loves you a lot. There's really no reason for her to say no. Just don't fuck anything up and it'll all go smoothly."

"Yeah..."

He stopped the car outside of her house and Khloe got out.

"I'll see you Wednesday!" She yelled and Jimmy drove back home.

He parked the car and walked upstairs to their apartment. He unlocked the door and closed it behind him. He smiled at Kassie who was sound asleep on the couch.

He walked into the closet and placed the ring deep in his underwear drawer. After he did that he walked back to the living room and sat down next to Kassie.

He moved a piece of hair out of her face and Kassie opened her eyes.

"Your back." She slowly sat up. "What did you get from the store?"

"I just wanted to see if they had anything good for dessert. They didn't."

She chuckled and kissed him. "I love you."

Jimmy smiled. "I love you too."

(Ahhhhhhh it's been a hot minute. Sorry for the really slow update. Have a nice day.)