Chapter Six

It was the next day. Which meant it was the restaurant's opening day. Trev had stopped by two hours before it opened to help set up which was much needed. Just and hour before opening, the person who had bought the restaurant across the street had knocked on the door.

Kassie opened it. "I'm so sorry we don't open until another hour but your welcome to come back!"

"Oh- um I'm not really here to eat.."

Kassie looked at him confused.

"I'm the one who bought the restaurant across the street and I saw you guys in here so I figured I could get to know you." The man had replied. He had black hair with a mustache and was wearing a white shirt.

"OH!" Kassie had exclaimed. She opened the door and let him in. "Lemme go get Jimmy, I'll be right back." She smiled at him and went to go get him.

A minute later Kassie had came back with Jimmy. Jimmy had looked the guy up and down.

"I'm Bob. The guy who owns the place across the street." He stuck out his hand.

"Jimmy." He has replied but refused to shake his hand.

"Kassie" Unlike Jimmy, Kassie shook Bobs hand.

"Well since your here, do you wanna lend us a hand on setting stuff up? Maybe we can get to know each other. But it's perfectly fine if you don't." Kassie said.

"I would love to but I'm a little to over committed right now." Bob replied.

"Over committed? To what? Be broke?" Jimmy joked.

Kassie smacked him on the back of his neck. "He doesn't mean that." She said.

Bob smiled at them. "Well, I guess I should get going. It was nice meeting you guys, I'll see you around!" And with that Bob had left.

Kassie jerked around to face Jimmy. "What the hell was that?!"

Jimmy chuckled. "What?"

"Oh don't you what me you know EXACTLY what you said."

"Kassie it looked like he was making a move on you. I had to step in somehow."

"Bullshit Jimmy. He's was trying to be nice! What the hell is wrong with you?! If I would have known that this is how you act around people I wouldn't have agreed to marry you!" After she said that she stormed off into the bathroom.

"Kass." He watched as she continued on her way ignoring him. "Kass!"

Trev walked up to him. "Cold."

"The fucks wrong with her?" Jimmy questioned.

"I don't know man but you should check on her."

Jimmy walked over to the bathroom and knocked on the door. "Can I come in?" He asked.

"Yeah." She quietly said.

He sighed and opened the door closing it behind him. "Are you okay?"

She sniffled. "Yeah.. and I'm sorry about what I said. I truly didn't mean it. It's just the stress of the restaurant opening and now we have a wedding to plan, it's just-" she sighed. "I guess I just took it out all in you."

"No Kass, there's no need to apologize. I shouldn't have that. I'm sorry."

"Did you really mean what you said to Bob?" She asked.

He hesitated. "No"

"Are sure this isn't turning into one of your dumb rivalry's because he's got a restaurant opening up soon and your worried it going to be better than yours and now your going to be mean to him wishing he'll move away?"

"Why was that so specific?"

She got up. "Jimmy we have been dating for a year and now we're getting married soon. I think I know you pretty well."

"I can promise you it's not going to turn into that."

And with that the two of them left the bathroom the set up the final touches in the restaurant.

The restaurants first opening was a success. People had raved about it and promised to come back. The positive feedback about the restaurant took a lot of stress off of them.

.....
It was later that night and Kassie was scrolling through wedding venues on the computer. She stopped scrolling at one that had really caught her eye.

"Jimmy come look at this one." Kassie said

Jimmy walked over and looked at the screen. It was a very spacious room with a big round chandelier in the center. It had white chairs and vines that had wrapped around white columns.

"I don't know Kass... it's a bit pricey." He replied.

"Well you have to take in account nothing is going to be cheep."

"But still. It says estimated price 34k. That is way over our budget for venues."

"Okay first, I didn't know we had a budget for this. And two, it says estimated so it could be lower than that. And three that whole price includes food, drinks, and entertainment on them."

He sighed. "Still Kassie. I don't want to take that chance. Could you maybe try finding something lower than that?"

"I guess" she mumbled.

Kassie was scrolling through the different venues with Jimmy.

"What about that one? It's like the one you found. And it's only 12k for 100 guests." Jimmy said.

It was an outside reception, while the inside had a cream color ceiling and walls. It had similar chairs and a quite spacious dining room.

"I mean it's not bad. But we can keep looking." She said.

So they did. Until they found the perfect one. It had in indoor reception area so they don't have to worry if it rains. The dining area was beautiful. It was quite similar to the other two just had gray chairs. It also had included two lounges, one inside and one outside.

"So we're going with this one? No changes?" Jimmy asked.

"Yeah. I really like this one. I could tolerate this place." Kassie replied. She yawned. "I'll talk to our wedding planner tomorrow and get this whole thing planned." She stood up. "It's getting late so I'm going to bed. I'd advise you to go to bed also."

She walked off to bed with Jimmy not to far behind her. The two of them got ready and got into bed. The two of them rolled over looking at each other.

"So..." Jimmy said.

"No." Kassie added.

"Wha- you don't even know what I was gonna say."

"She raised her eyebrows. "Lemme guess, you were gonna ask me, 'do you wanna have sex??'" She mocked him.

"Maybe.."

"Still. No." She turned away from him.

He sighed and scooted closer to her, eventually falling asleep.