Chapter Nine

As weeks went on, both Jimmy and Kassie were busy planning the wedding. They had agreed on a historical wedding venue that was something both of them loved. The venue could hold up to 300 guests which was more than enough.

The next thing they did after settling on a venue was picking out the cake. The cake they had decided on was a German chocolate flavor cake. The exterior of the cake had a brown crumb coat frosting with a chocolate drizzle on all 3 layers of the cake. The cake was also decorated with white roses and gypsophila flowers.

The next thing on there list was a wedding dress and tux. Jimmy watched over the restaurant as Kassie, her mom, her sister, and her 4 bridesmaids went wedding dress shopping.

As the 7 of them walked into the wedding dress shop and Kassie stayed behind to talk to the person helping her with picking out a dress.

"So what type of dress are we looking for today? And is there anything I should be aware of before picking something out?" The lady asked.

"Um okay..." Kassie took a deep breath. "As if right now im 2 months pregnant and by the time I get married I'll be 4 months along. And no one expect my fiancé knows and I plan to keep it that way until after the wedding..."

The lady stared at Kassie for a couple seconds before talking again. "Okay so we're looking for a dress that'll hid the stomach. And length in particular?"

"No. To be honest I have no clue what I like when it comes to this."

Her and Kassie went back to look at dresses to find a couple that caught Kassie's eye.

The lady pointed out a section of dresses. "These are very lose dresses. What your going to want to avoid is tightly cut dresses and any mermaid style dresses. If you are interested we do sell bridal belts which will help make you look skinnier. If your not interested in that, spandex and accessorizing will help distract for your bump."

With that Kassie looked around at her dress choices. The first one that had caught her eye was a long low cut top dress with a clear and sparkly abdomen. The next one she found had a slit in the dress and short lose sleeves. The finale one she found to try on also had a slit in the dress and included a sheer top with a lace pattern and a sheer sleeve with that same pattern.

Kassie went into the dressing room and tried on the first one. She looked in the mirror for a while until she went out to show her friends and family. She smiled as they all examined her dress.

"Wow Kass who knew you could actually pull of a white dress." Khloe said to which Kassies mom smacked her shoulder as a response.

"I think you look gorgeous sweat heart. This is a great start. Now let's see the others you picked out." Kassies mom said.

Kassie got to the last dress and smiled in the mirror. She really enjoyed this dress and could see herself in this dress. She walked out to show everyone.

"Wow..you look amazing Kassie." Caroline, one of her bridesmaids said.

"I think this one is the right choice Kassie." Natalia, another bridesmaid added on.

"Thanks guys. And I do really like this one as well." She looked at her self in the mirror once more in the dress.

Kassies mom got up and stood next to her. "If you really love the dress go on and get. It's your day. Your do and buy what makes you happy."

Kassie smiled.

After that, her bridesmaids had decided on a dress style they all liked and Kassie had made the final payments on the dresses. Then, the seven of them went out to lunch and shopping for shoes. By the time Kassie got back home it was around 5:30 pm which meant Jimmy should be making dinner.

She opened the door and immediately smelt something burning. She closed the door and threw her shoes by the door. She walked down the hall and into the kitchen where she found Jimmy making...or at least attempting to make dinner.

She stood there and watched him struggle for a couple of minutes before saying something. "What are you doing."

Jimmy jumped a little then turned around. "I-uh..I thought it would be nice to have a fancy dinner together without going anywhere..but it kinda.." he showed her the burned food in the pan. "Burned up."

Kassie laughed. "I appreciate the commitment but what is that exactly?"

Jimmy looked in the pan. "Well it was supposed to be pasta puttanesca. But now it just looked like a burned pan with a side of pasta." He threw the pan into the sink and walked over to Kassie. "How was dress shopping?"

Kassie groaned. "Thank god I found a dress I like. Let's see what went bad, my sister probably hates that I'm getting married, the dress helper lady looked at me like I was insane when I told her I was pregnant, and my mom judged my for not drinking during lunch today." She put her head on his chest. "I just want this wedding to be done and over with." She mumbled.

Jimmy frowned at her. "Maybe we should-"

Kassie gasped and lifted her head up. "Oh my god we still have a honeymoon to plan." She looked up at him. "What are gonna do? Where are we gonna go? These are very important questions that need answers like yesterday."

Jimmy grabbed her shoulders. "Kassie it's okay. We'll get this figured out don't worry. Hell we don't even have to go on a honeymoon. Im fine staying here with you." He smiled at her.

She smiled back. "On a better note, I got a call from our doctor and my first ultrasound where we get to see the baby, appointment is next week. We also have all doctor appointments made up until after we learn the gender. Which lucky for us we get to find out the gender a week after the wedding."

"That's great news! What names are you thinking of?"

"I really like the names Sophie and Erica for girls. I'm still trying to think of boy names."

"We should make a bet. If it's a boy I get to name it and if it's a girl you get to name it." Jimmy said.

Kassie chuckled. "You seriously what to play a little game on who gets to name our first kid?"

"Yeah I mean, if we're gonna have a kid might as well have some fun with it."

"Alright big guy, then what names are you thinking of naming our kid?"

Jimmy smirked. "I was thinking Jimmy Jr."

Kassie stared at him. "Of course you would. Besides the girl genes are strong. I've got a pretty high chance." She smirked back at him.

"Yeah okay. Keep telling yourself that."

Kassie looked around at the kitchen and chuckled. "Anywho! Come on, let's go attempt to make a better looking pasta puttanesca. I'm starving."