TWO. (what's your story?)

Madison and I spent the majority of the class making fun of the icebreakers the teacher had us doing

Madison and I spent the majority of the class making fun of the icebreakers the teacher had us doing. That had to be the worst part of the first day back, truly. We exchanged numbers and when the teacher scolded us for talking, we began texting instead.

Madison
So, you were friends with John B right?

    The question made me bite the inside of my cheek. I knew everyone talked about it, I could feel the stares on me and the pogues that morning before class.

Laney
yeah

Madison
I'm sorry

    When the teacher turned to write some notes on the board, Madison leaned over. "there's a party tomorrow night, you and your friends should come" The girl suggested.

    "I'm in, where's it at?" I asked, shifting my gaze between Madison and the teacher. "it's at my place, i'll text you my address" I nodded before turning back to my notebook and copying a few notes down.

    When the bell rang all of the students stood, making their way down the hallway to meet with their friends before going to their next class. Madison and Laney stood, talking as we walked out. "See ya after," Madison told me as we got to JJ's locker. "ya see ya" I waved, ignoring the look JJ gave me.

    "What?" I finally asked after a moment, tired of being looked at like that. "trying to replace me?" He jokingly asked and I rolled my eyes. "Yes I am," I laughed.

    "What do you have next?" I asked, looking down at the photo of my schedule on my phone. "Bio," He told me and my face lit up.

    "Me too," I smiled. "lead the way" I hummed as I linked my arm with his.

    "Okay everyone take a seat," The teacher told us as we entered. "Where do you wanna sit?" JJ asked, looking down at me. "What about here?" I suggested, pointing towards one of the lab stations near the back.

    I felt JJ nudge my arm and when I looked over at him he pointed to the door of the class. There Kiara and Pope stood, their eyes scanning the room until they us. I waved them over and they sat in the empty spots in front of us.

    "The person sitting next to you will be your lab partner for the rest of the semester." The teacher's words made me smile. "Hey, party tomorrow night. Wanna come?" I asked, leaning forward slightly so Kiara and Pope could hear too.

    "Where?" Kiara asked, tipping her head back. "uh, Madison's," I told her and she nodded letting out a quick okay.

    "since when were you, friends, with anyone other than us?" Pope joked earning him a slap on the arm. "rude" I scoffed, leaning back in my seat.

    By the time we got to leave for lunch, I was very over the day. "Kie drive us to get food please" I begged the girl who just laughed. "okay c'mon" She let out, JJ, Pope and I followed behind her to the car.