TEN. (lover girl)

My steps brought me toward the front door

My steps brought me toward the front door. I brushed the hair from my face and looked back quickly to JJ who was getting out of Kiara's car at the Chateau. I met his eyes before waving and walking through the door.

    The night had been hectic, to say the least. I took a second to just stand at the entrance, trying to relax. Kiara, JJ, Pope and I were going to look in the drain the next morning so I wanted to take a second to take in everything that had happened that day.

    John B was alive. It felt like forever ago when I opened that text in class. He and Sarah looked so happy. And I wished that wasn't what I focused on but I couldn't help it. I hoped clearing his name would be easy but I knew that was foolish to think it could be.

    Sam's tired face peeked around the corner and he gave me a warm smile. "so?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "We had something with this guy and then Ward shot and killed him and, uh, Shoupe doesn't even believe us." I let out, tipping my head back as thoughts flooded my brain. I just needed something to stop my thoughts.

    "Well, Madison is in your room, I'll bring you some tea if you'd like" Derek interrupted and I smiled. "I'd love that, thank you" Derek sent me a nod before disappearing into the kitchen again.

    "We can talk tomorrow, yeah?" I asked Sam, the boy nodded and shooed me towards my room. I let out a laugh before finally walking down the hall, slowing in front of the door. The knob was cold to the touch and I sucked in a breath.

    "Hey, when did you get here?" I asked as I opened the door, Madison was laying on the bed and staring up at the ceiling. "Like ten minutes ago, Sam said you'd be home soon and that I could wait in here. Is that okay?" Madison sounded nervous and I couldn't help but laugh.

    "Madison, that's fine," I assured her.

    "I heard you ran out of class," Madison hummed as I laid down next to her.

    "oh, yeah. JJ got a weird text and we went to see what it was" I lied.

    "everything's good?" Madison asked and I smiled. I felt the girl press a quick kiss to my collarbone. "Yeah, everything's okay," I told her.

    I heard the knock at the door and I stood, taking a few steps towards the door. "thank you" I told Derek, the boy handing me a cup of tea. "get some sleep yeah" He said to me, playfully ruffling my hair.

    "I will. Goodnight" I shut the door again and took a sip from the cup.

    The warm liquid felt heavenly as it coated her throat. I looked out the window over to the Chateau, the lights on. I bit the inside of my lip, I knew JJ was feeling the same as I had. I thought about going over to see him but my mind came back to the girl on my bed.

    "so, do you wanna go do something tomorrow, maybe a date?" Madison asked as I opened the drawer on the bedside table, moving a few things around as I looked for something.