THIRTY. (lies, lying, lied)

I slammed back yet another shot and only now had I finally lost the cringe my face inevitably twisted into when liquor would burn my throat

"Elle" Kiara sounded worried but I ignored her, my mind playing the night Sarah and John B got back over and over in her head.

Did Madison plan on going to Rafe? Or was it because of what I did?

"Elle" It was Sarah this time, both of the girls on opposite sides of me, both equally as concerned. "what?" I asked, looking from one to the other. The two girls shared a look but ultimately stayed quiet.

"What? Nothing to say now?" I rolled my eyes, pushing myself from the railing and beginning to walk away.

"wait, Elle." Kiara scrambled, pushing herself from the railing too and following me, Sarah following after. I didn't know where I was even going but after I bumped into yet another person I saw Madison in a group a bit away from me.

I wasn't even completely sure why I cared all that much but then I remembered everything that happened and everything that could have happened because of what she did.

"Elle, cmon. You shouldn't do this here" Sarah practically pleaded with me but there was nothing else I could focus on but Madison.

"Lane, hey. I was just about to come to find you" Madison started but I held my hand up. "don't you dare sit there and call me Lane" The smile on Madison's face fell and she excused herself from her friends, placing her hand on my arm and attempting to lead me away.

"oh fuck off with this" I pulled my arm back forcefully and scoffed. "What's going on?" Madison looked around at the crowd forming while she whispered.

"What's going on? What's fucking going on? Really?" I let out a choked laugh and shook my head. "Elle?" My head shot up at the nickname and I clenched my jaw.

"you don't get to call me Elle. That's a nickname reserved for my friends and the people who I can trust" A shot of pain flashed on Madison's face.

"cmon, just tell me what's wrong?" Madison begged. "were you ever going to tell me what happened the night before John B got arrested? Were you ever going to tell me that the second you left the Chateau that night you went to Rafe fucking Cameron?" I seethed.

Madison looked shocked and she once again took a look around the crowd, meeting Rafe's gaze. "how could you tell her?" Madison tore her eyes from the boy and she looked back at me.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Are you really trying to blame anyone else but yourself right now?" Madison shook her head and tears began to form in her eyes.

"Can we please go somewhere and talk? Please" I scoffed again. "fuck you" I spat, turning and forcing my way through the crowd of people. I caught John B's gaze but I didn't stop or even slow, I just kept walking.