Clueless

Jade POV

I heard a chuckle as my feet was dragged backwards. I didn't try to move, and I also know I couldn't because of my lack of energy.

Then my foot was tugged and I felt like flying; The cold air slaps my face and I could feel my hair hitting every part of my face.

A millisecond later I opened my eyes, curious. Adrenaline shot through every part of my body as I came in sight with the ice below me, and I was getting nearer to it. Faster and faster. I tried picking up the wind- but it was too late as the dark sillhouette plummetted down, breaking the ice, which I came in contact short after.

And I saw Jack's face when the ice ate my whole body, freezing me. It was like Jack who was hugging me, but this was different. It wasn't the cold yet warm feeling I felt, instead, it was cold. Completely. Subzero.

What made it worse- Everything went pitch black.

I couldn't see a thing. The needles came back and I felt like I was held down with a large boulder, I could barely move. I could barely speak.

Its cold. And its dark. I'm scared.

I couldn't feel anything at all, now.

Jack POV

I was still lying on the snow, even though the pain has gone. I've been here for a quite long time; Who knows for how long.

I couldn't accept the fact that my one and only first love was gone now. I tried forgetting about her starting from now, but everytime I tried to, my mind kept flashing her image.

I think North had stayed here with me, implying with the traditional Russian song he was humming. I gripped my staff tighter and tighter as he tried to sing an octave higher on some notes, but epically failed. His voice hurts my ears.

I groaned as he sang yet another unpleasant note, poisoning my hearing.

"Stop." I croaked. My voice was grubbly, so rough and not like the usual. I slowly sat up facing North's direction, some of my bones made this weird snapping sound. The moment I opened my eyes, all I could see was bright vignette at the sides of my eye sight.

North swiped the snow away infront of me and gestured to my staff. I eyed him, giving a confused look.

"Freeze this space," He instructed. I mentally groaned as my mind flashed back the scene where Jade suggested that I should freeze my wound.

She hadn't existed. She hadn't existed. She hadn't existed. I repeated the phrase over and over, but only finding that my case had got a lot worse.

I weakly stomped my staff on the clearing and frost patterns spread over the ground, creating a translucent mirror. North gestured to my face and back to the frost.

I obeyed.

I leaned to the ice and eyed my appearance. My eyes were puffy and pinkish, and my lips were eerily pale. My hair was being a complete mess, and so was my hoodie. I smoothened the hoodie's collar and leaned back when I thought I was done.

"Do you want to go home?" North asked, trying to be soft. I nodded and stood up when he did. As we were about to walk back we heard a noise.

"No-o-orth-h-h" I heard Bunny chatter at the back. "Oh, be careful!" Tooth squeaked. 

North turned around but I didn't, I kept walking to a direction I didn't know where, like a zombie. He then walked pass me, his face scrunched in worry. When he did, he patted my back and shot me a pity look before walking towards Bunny and Tooth's direction.