Breaking the Dawn

Jade POV

"We defeated Pitch again, but I know he will come. I know he will. I can feel it-"

"In your belly." We all said at once, and breaking into a cheerful laugh a moment after.

We were sitting around a campfire, waiting for the sun to fully come up. We were sitting in pairs - Me and Jack, Breeze and Benny, North and Tooth, Bunny and Sandy, but for Aqua, he was sitting all alone. I kind of pity him, actually. He didn't complain though...

I don't know if Jack could notice but Aqua kept glaring at him from time to time. Everytime I almost caught him do it he would stir and pretend that nothing happened. I was pretty sure he really did glare at Jack - I could feel it... Not in my belly but in my heart.

"Can we go?" Jack whispered softly in my ear, tucking some of my hair behind my ear and making sure noone else hears it but me and him. "But I want to listen to the story," I whined as his hand linger from my shoulder down to my waist, waiting for my response. North started talking about the epic fight between Pitch and the Guardians, with help of the elementors. Except me, of course. Its a shame I've been out at the moment; I feel guilty, even.

Jack had told me about what happened to me while I was unconcious, which clear most of my questions out.

"I'm always here to tell it back to you," He answered, still whispering. "You dropped unconcious half of the time," I said, trying my best not to break into a fit of giggle as Jack's finger tickled my side softly. "We could always go to North, yanno," He replied me.

From the corner of my eye I see Aqua observing our every move. I felt uneasy though; Aqua was my best friend but... I have no idea why I had the feeling that me and Jack are an item is not pleasing Aqua.

"Okay," I whispered back, my hand reaching to Jack's. He took my hand and stood up, tugging myself up from the sitting position. Everyone eyed us as Jack excused ourselves, by the reason to get fresh air. They mumbled their goodbyes as North pointed out that they will be leaving by the time we get back, with a wink.

"Oh okay then. Just stay safe." Jack announced his final words, dragging me from the sharp stare of Aqua. Among all, Aqua was the most silent. It kinda creeps me out, he wasn't usually the quiet one. I shuffled after Jack, keeping our sides making contact.

Our fingers twined together as Jack breathed out a sigh of relief.

"What?" I chuckled as he rubbed his chest in uneasiness.

"Aqua's stare is giving me goosebumps." He gave me a cute tousled look as I sounded my surprise with a 'huh'.

"I thought you didn't see it," I admitted as Jack led us to the river behind my house, swinging our hands. He twirled his staff around his pale fingers and gave me a knowing hum.

"I did. Its a part of the reason I wanted to leave." He stopped just as we reached the river bank. Water gushed just below our feet, giving me chills.

"A part?" I questioned.

"Jade," He took both of my hands and fished out something from his hoodie's front pocket. I gasped softly as a tiny and sparkly snowflake came into view, Jack dangling the strings that held its position.

"I've been working on this the other day," His fingers went to my neck and behind, knotting the strings together around my neck. The snowflake charm rested just above my chest, the icy texture left me in awe.

"You're mine now, noone is taking you away from me." Jack murmured as I breathed out my appreciation with a soft stroke to his jaw. Jack surprisingly engulf me in a tight hug, burying his head into the crook of my neck. His hair tickled my cheeks, the white strands moving along with the wind.

"So sweet." Me and Jack jerked away from each other upon hearing the deep voice. Aqua stood a few metres away from us, on a rock beneath the overflowing river.

"Hello, Aqua." Jack greeted icily to which Aqua responded with a scoff. I wondered what has been going on with both of them, its like they're having a silent war. There's something Jack isn't letting me know.

"What is up with you guys?" I broke the silence between them as they glared their arse off, their unsimilar blue eyes stabbed each other.

"Your boyfriend here, is overreacting," Aqua said to me, smirking but not looking at my direction. Jack folded his arms up to his chest as he returned the unplayful smirk.

"Your friend here is being a manwhore, can't get the best of anything. He did a good job at being a complete prick though. Congratulations on that." Jack spat, satisfied as we both witnessed Aqua's skin turned pinkish with the insult. Aqua growled, his hands are slightly shaking. I took a small step forward, incase they break into a fight.

I could handle both, fire melts ice and fire boils water. But water can replenish fire, which I'm scared of. Aqua is stronger than me.

"Who do you think you are, cunt?" Aqua cussed, giving me chills. I'm never comfortable with him being an aggressive cusser either. I could say the same towards Jack too; He was so playful, this side of him isn't the Jack I knew.

"The last time I checked, being a Guardian was what I think I am." Jack said casually, confident. He showed no signs of irritation even after Aqua insulted him, which got me impressed. If I was Jack I would already beat the crap out of Aqua now. Even when he's a friend. Kinda.

Aqua tried to shoot back an insult, but he was a tad slower as Jack already beated him up to it. "What do you want here anyway? I bet you're a lost sick mongrel."

"I'm here to finish what I've started." Aqua said after a long wait. Jack remained collected by the time Aqua thought of a good comeback, knowing he wouldn't come up with a spicy one. I admit, that phrase is old. People had been using them in movies... and stuff.

"Give me my Jade." I jumped slightly, surprised to death with Aqua's words. I merely stepped backwards. Making sure noone notice that I'm retreating. I'm being cowardly, I thought. So I bravely took another step. Jack made no attempt to stop me.

Jack scoffed.  

"Why do you even want to take something that isn't yours?"

"Because I just want to. There's nothing you could do about it."

Jack laughed humorlessly. "There is, actually. So come and finish what you've started. Even if you manage to Jade wouldn't even want you." He growled at the last word.

It was about time I realised that I was the prize. Sounds masochistic, really.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Hey there Pawns, Rooks, Knights, Bishops, Kings and the Queens! I'm in my chess mode. So yeah. Chess Mode deactivated.

Anyways, this chapter is just a filler, sorry about that; But anyhow, I hope you enjoyed it! c:
Thank you for the comments and the votes, it means a lot, and it helps me out too!

I see that 7+ is too much :( But I'll keep it that way. Maybe... There's a chance so...
7+ votes, comments and reads, please? c:

So I'll see you in the next chapter c: I love your sexy faces! *Anyone here has heard of Marcus Butler's accident in... Middlesborough, I guess? If you have, why don't you say : "GET WELL SOON MARCUS!" In the comments c; *

-Alli