Painful Love

The heavy sleigh zoomed through the ice tunnels, pushing Jade firm into the solid seats. She would ocasionally grip the metal bars on the edge of the sleigh to maintain her balance, and her efforts were wasted knowing that a rigid Cupid was gripping her upper arm to support her. Her vision failed her - she could see nothing but blurry brightness clouding her eyes like she was wearing a dirty pair of spectacles. This had started since yesterday, and she knew exactly why.

The aching pain in both of her chest and heart was one of the after effects of the Hyre, indicating a worsened condition for her sickness. Jade desperately wanted to help, with anything- just anything. She felt guilty for the Guardians to fuss over her, and she pushed away the horrible thought of regretting falling in love with Jack Frost in the first place. Opening her eyes was no use, too. It had only brought irritation and Cupid would only scold her when she tries to talk or look around.

Breeze Skye was curled up in a ball, pressing herself as far as she could go against the seat's corner, ignoring the fact that a 6 foot tall Easter Bunny was overcoming his own fear of the sleigh ride just to accompany her at the back. Bunnymund's claws scraped the perfectly polished wood, whimpering every time the sleigh bumps and shakes - which is, majority of the ride.

Toothiana and Sandman stayed behind since their work was practically every night and day, and Cupid just had to trust her fairies on doing her duties since she had to go - paying for the lie she made to the Guardians and for her to show the way. Nicholas St. North, the jolly and full of wonder Santa Claus, was replaced with a strict man of his words, driving his sleigh to their demanded destination.

Cupid nudged the empty eyed Jade, who was staring absently at the seat in front of her, yet seeing nothing. Jade turned half of her pale face to her, her dilated light brown pupils spinning to focus - and failed.
"This is the most awkward ride I've ever had in my entire existence," Cupid muttered under her breath, resulting in a small smile from the fire elementor. She simply chuckled in reply, finding no reason to be in a mood for a casual conversation once the fact that her lover was in grave danger, come to her knowing.

Jade's mind flashed back to a few hours before, where they've all gathered in the central room, and Breeze suddenly dropped to her knees in front of the Guardians, clutching her heart and wailing that it hurts. Cupid's nervous explanation slipped from her lips, and she had to repeat it thrice to Jade without her yelling in disbelief. She had thought Jack was busy doing his Guardian work, and she'd always thought it was impossible that he couldn't even see her for just a second. Once she knew the reason, a smile wasn't popping until a few hours later.

She missed him.

North, almost instantly, commanded for his workers to prepare the sleigh, ordering them to gather supplies, pronto. Of course, Jade couldn't do anything since she was going blind, and the fact that she needs someone to guide her, worsened the situation. Bunnymund had to do half of the work that was supposed to be done by Cupid, since she needed Cupid's help. She had felt terribly guilty for Bunny, and though he said it's perfectly fine, Jade insisted that she would pay him back some other day.

The trip to Trylle didn't took long, thanks to North's snow globe that teleports them to the beautiful Trylle beach in a blink of an eye. After managing the reindeers and keeping them put, Jade searched wildly using her hands, for the sleigh's exit. She started to get the hang of it, taking small steps towards the open space, but her wrist was caught firmly in Cupid's grip. She was guided down, North assisting her. Once she was on the flat sand of the beach, she started to take small steps again, not waiting for anyone, as if she knew where she was going.

She stopped in her tracks once Cupid called for her in the opposite direction, and she spun, the blurry brightness only varies once her sight meets a shadow.
"What?" She replied nonchalantly, taking small but confident steps forwards. A sigh could be heard, and Jade's wrist was caught in a grip again. This had startled her, and she jumped slightly, searching for nothing.
"You should stop going anywhere all by yourself," Cupid tugged her, and she followed suite.