Trylle Forest

Jack POV

"Are we set?" I said, balancing my staff on my hands as I studied my preparation. I'm only bringing a small leather sling bag that contains some energy supplying food, bandages enough for the three of us and a locket that has Jade's picture in it.

"I know I am," Aqua chuckled, adjusting his sling bag strap. Then simultaneously, we turned our heads to Ben and Breeze. They were making their last moments count, kissing each other with affection.
"Do it for Jade, okay?" Breeze said shakily, the tears threatening to fall.

Ben nodded silently and pulled her for a long hug, patting Breeze's back softly. He murmured something to her lowly, to which Breeze replied with a smile with watery eyes. He then gave her a kiss on her forehead before caressing her hair and turned to us.

"I wish you all the best of luck," Cupid held out her hands to me, revealing a four-leaf clover. I took it and slipped in inside my sling bag, thanking her with a convincing smile.

Thank goodness it was in the middle of the night, North's having his rest. Cupid will be playing a fool for a few days while we're gone and I hope North buys it. We were all in Aqua's balcony as his room was the farthest to the open sky.

We said our goodbyes and proceeded to the open window. "Got your maps?" Ben asked lowly as he stepped on the window frame. I nodded and joined him on the window frame hesitantly. Aqua joined right after.

"Take care of Jade for me," I murmured to Cupid who gave me a reassuring smile and a shoulder-pat.

"For better, not for worse." Ben said as we exchanged smiles.

Then I laughed as Aqua jumped by himself to the open air, his hands spreading out. Ben was next to jump, mimicking Superman. I hesitated, turning back.

"Don't worry," Breeze said from behind me. I nodded before leaping into the chilly air, my hands and legs spreading out like I was some kind of kite. I rode the wind and not looking back to the enormous building I'd just left; Or else I'd go back. And I wouldn't want that.

So I just continued to my first destination; Trylle Forest.

**

"Well this doesn't seem challenging at all." Ben laughed as we set foot to the grounds of Trylle Forest, which looks like an ordinary forest rather than a challenging journey.

The trees were big and tall, willow trees, oak trees and wild bushes surrounded the clearing. It was not scary looking at all.

Then there's the entrance.

It was a big willow tree with one of its big branches bent into an arc. Its leaves were like curtains, fireflies lighting up the entrance like fairy lights. All other trees left a space through the entrance, as if they knew people would pass it.

The forest was eerily silent by then, like you could hear a bird set itself on a branch at the far distance. The three of us traded nervous glances, and after we made a silent agreement, our feet made way to the entrance.

The dried leaves crunched under our feet, adding effect to the already-eerie surrounding. I held my staff in defence, probably someone - or something might come and harm us.

We were only an inch from the entrance curtain, until-

"WHO GOES THERE!"

Ben and Aqua jumped instantly, and accidentally sprayed their elements to the entrance arc. Water was splashed to the branches, dirt dotted the leaves. I was too startled I made the ground below me ice. Then the ice decided to get slippery, therefore I slipped and fall to the hard ice I made by myself.