Chapter 3

Finding a place to call his own was not easy, every building he attempted to go into was being haunted by someone else, from drug deals to fellow homeless it was difficult, an hour later Dick finally struck gold. The building he came across was in definite need of repairs, the old building was blackened around the edges and looked as if one good blow would be all it takes to come tumbling down. With a scorched awning it appeared that the small building was once a reputable restaurant before it caught on fire and burned down. Dick's training kicked in, he cautiously cased the place before picking the lock and sliding in through the front door, taking the time to assure no one saw him enter. The inside didn't look much better than the outside, part of the roof was caved in letting the moon beam down on the ruined floor. The floor itself had more charred spots than actual wood along with some ash piles and wrecked furniture.

He gave a little twirl, taking the building in all its destroyed glory. The building only had a single story which wasn't ideal as it meant anyone could just walk right in and see him, but what could he do? He was exhausted, scared and he was pretty sure his gunshot wound decided to start bleeding again, this was his only choice and if it really sucked he could always move to a new building in the morning.

After repatching himself up (doing a much better job than last time) he started gathering up somewhat decent chairs and using it to block the doors praying that they would hold for the night. He also grabbed a few of the least wrecked table cloths going to the corner of the room, he wrapped himself in the cloths as he fluffed up his nightwing suit into a makeshift pillow. Now prepared for sleep the reality of his situation really kicked in.

He was alone in a brand new world, one that the bats have never even heard of with nothing but the clothes on his back and his Nightwing gear, no communication and no help, it was overwhelming. Dick felt the tears well up in his eyes, with a big sob he rubbed at his face, he was not going to cry, he could not cry. If he did, reality would come crashing down even more and he'd never be able to return back home, with a shaky breath he hardened his will. He was Dick Grayson, Original Boy Wonder and Batman's former partner turned vigilante Nightwing, former leader of the Teen Titans and founder of Young Justice, he is Bruce Wayne's ward turned adopted son and the sarcastic older brother to Jason Todd, Tim Drake and Damian Wayne, the last of The Flying Graysons and WAS NOT going to crumble under the pressure, not today and not tomorrow.

With his resolve firm once more he tucked into bed, more than ready to sleep as peacefully as one can in such circumstances.

~~~~~~~

He woke the next morning to a crick in his neck and what was most definitely a bruised body he made a mental note to find some sort of mattress as soon as he could, he did not want to feel like he got mowed over by truck again.

Several stretches later and his trashed bag on his shoulder, Dick parkoured out of the building through the natural skylights and onto the streets of Musutafu determined to get some money and figure out what the hell the next step is.

Leaving the condemned restaurant he noticed the shady looking area he made his base camp. Oddly enough while not as poor as Gotham it still reminded him of home, he could just picture all the drug deals and attacks that took place in the darkened alleys, he made a mental note to do some portals around the area if he was still present. Walking for another hour or two until he found a busy enough street, taking great care to ensure that there weren't any heroes, Dick went to work.

Head down and hunched in on himself he appeared smaller than he was, glancing up through his dark bangs he spotted a man with long blond hair and bright green eyes, keeping the man in mind Dick looked backed down watching his feet before tactically bumping into the man, with a short yelp they both went down.

"Oh sorry! I didn't see you there," Dick layered on the act of a humble stranger, standing to his feet Dick reached out his hand to help the man up.

The blonde grasped Dick's outstretched arm hauling himself up, "It's all good little listener, I didn't see you there either are you okay?" The teen was felt a small stab of guilt as he glanced into the man's cornered gaze before he shook it away, he could not afford to feel guilty now.

"It's fine thank you asking but I really must be going, have a pleasant day," with a wave Dick swiftly departed pocketing the cash he had nimbly slipped from the man's wallet, thanking Bruce for the training that allowed him to do so undetected. Ignoring the ever growing pit in his stomach Dick spotted his next target preparing himself to do it all over again. 

Our favourite boy is feel a little lost isn't he? Hopefully it'll all turn out in the end

Until then stay tuned !

-Ro-bow