Chapter 7

It took a good few minutes for the teen to arrive as the halls were swamped with hero hopefuls and when he did, he found that the arena itself wasn't all that different. With students packed up at the front of the gate Dick chose to stay at the back, it wasn't like he needed to be near the front anyways.

Noticing that he had several minutes before the event started he took to stretching and scouting out his opponents. One such student had what looked like a black lighting bolt in his yellow hair whilst another had pink bubblegum skin and pale yellow horns.

An announcement sounded throughout the arena, the banana man's voice floated out. "Are you ready! GO,"

Not needing a countdown Dick vaults himself over the children nearest to him, using the rest of the students as stepping stones, crackling as they give shouts of outrage at his actions. But hey it's their choice to stay in his way and waste time standing around. Flipping off the last person Dick sprung forward up towards the mock city leaping onto the first robot and taking out a knife, which he got approval for beforehand. He pries open the electrical panel, grabbing a handful of random wires and slides the knife through the colourful mess efficiently shutting down the machine.

In the background he heard the shouts of Present Mic as he reprimanded the students claiming that 'in real life heroes aren't given countdowns' after those words he heard the frantic sounds of footsteps racing towards him. With another classic crackle he launched himself at the next robots repeating the same process. Flipping and twirling around, a slash here and a duck there he started to steadily rack up the points while having a ball doing it. He could just feel the tension leaching out of his body as he fell into the intimately familiar patterns.

~~~~~~~

Up above overlooking the arena sat the teachers, their conversation centered around a certain dark haired student.

"That cute one with the dark hair really got to it, he even got Sho to come out of his cocoon." Midnight exclaimed, licking her lips and pointing at the aforementioned butterfly" She watches as the underground hero shuffles around in his yellow bag rolling his eyes along the way. With a giggle Nemuri went back to watching the screens entranced by the way the boy appears to move. His feet never did quite touch the ground he flew between the city's buildings only stopping to pull people out of rumble or bring the injured to the side. It was impressive, her friend appeared to think the same thing as soon she felt a familiar presence at her side.

The rest of the teachers must've also taken notice as Snipe was asking for a name to put the face to.

"Who's the kid that's gotten Aizawa's attention?" all the teachers nodded along with Snipe's words even All Might looked curious.

With a flourish Nezu pulled out a clicker, from who knows where, pressing the button and pulling up the image of a brightly grinning blue eyed and black haired child.

"His name is Richard Llyod, recently moved from New York to Musutafu with his father for business he is also-" the rat took a dramatic pause"-quirkless," A manic grin developed on his face and the room burst into shouts.

"Quirkless!"

"How-"

"Shouldn't be a hero-"

With two swift claps of his paws Nezu silenced the room.

"It is quite interesting to see his skills, they are quite impressive,"

"But he's quirkless Nezu. It is much too dangerous for someone without a quirk to be a hero!" All Might threw his hands in the air, eyes pleading with the principle before looking around the room imploringly. "Am I not correct?" some of the teachers slowly nod along with his words.