Chapter 12

It was the last half of the school day and Dick was tired. He spent most of the night on patrol only getting to sleep for a few hours before he was up and about once more but, not only that, the class was loud. He's tired. He doesn't want to deal with loud. He felt kind of bad for ignoring Jiro who had been trying to gain his attention all day; being only moderately successful. But man, he's just not willing to interact with society today.

Dick plonks his head onto his desk with a mild thunk and presses down on both ears with his hands. If he shut his eyes really tight he can just barely imagine himself sitting along a beach watching the quiet motions of the waves as they brush along the shore line and the sun warming his cold skin. Dick with the image flashing in his brain relaxes his tense body and takes what feels like his first true breath all day. He was only able to sit there for what felt like a few seconds before a booming sound interrupted his peace. The class froze in time with the sound and Dick took a deep breath at the serene silence. He lifts his head and glances up through his dark bangs. Ready to thank whoever made the hellions shut up; until his eyes caught on an imposing figure.

"I AM HERE COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!" yelled All Might in his red and blue costume, looking like an inverted superman.

The class stopped buffering and came back to reality

"ALL MIGHT!"

Dick displayed his joy in a much different manner.

With a proper head slam he gave a short cry of 'NO'.

He got some weird looks from those closest to him but for the most part the hero hopefuls were too distracted by Japan's mightiest hero. They really needed to work on their situational awareness. Dick remained seated with his head down until he felt the people around him come to life; all excitedly skipping to the corner of the room. It appeared that All Might had opened up the wall to reveal racks of cases with neon, green numbers and study metal shells. Dick stumbled up to his feet and grabbed his own case mark with 19 before he dragged his feet out to the change room.

~~~~~

Dick once again was the first out to the field. He stood just in front of the blonde nuisance relaxing into the blue and black kevlar that more and more these days felt like his only piece of home; even if it was only a replica. When Dick first found out he had to submit a costume design he considered changing up his normal suit but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He settled on submitting a request that looked and had the same basic weapons as the original. The one he brought from home (and used as his vigilant suit) he simply tailored to be all black, which included removing the symbol from suit. Leaving him nondescript black kevlar, so he may use the original blue design at UA. All Might took one look at the way he dressed and opened his mouth to make a comment, which Dick doubted was kind in nature, but thankfully the other students chose that exact moment to enter the gym saving All Might from a potential lashing.

The hero became distracted and looked out towards the students, a grin overcame his features. "You all look like heroes!" he shouted at the students as they sauntered down to the two in perfect sync.

Jiro immediately spotted Dick and skipped over to him. She gave a little twirl to showcase her outfit before she stopped to take position just to his left.

"You're looking edgy, Jiro," remarked Dick his eyes catching sight of her custom made speaker boots, before returning to her face, "You look like a real hero," he gave a closed eye grin and felt Jiro rolling her eyes.

"Thanks for the appraisal. You look like mid-life crisis best jeanist,"

"I like to think it's a bit more of a deviously handsome and prime time Aizawa, but to each their own," Dick runs his hand through his hair before giving Jiro his trademark Grayson grin; perfectly capturing the image of vanity.