Chapter 20

There was a swirling wshh of air as the yellow branded Superman whipped through the scene. He tore through the reawakening minions like an unrelenting tornado full of fists and spite. While Dick may find the hero to be well a dick the teen could not stop himself from being in slight awe of the hero's ability. He was like Superman in the realm of strength for sure. Dick could not count a single second of him fighting until All Might was once again in front of him with that annoyingly bright smile on his lips. The hero lifted the teen up into his large arms and cradled Dick to the man's chest like an infant. Dick gave an unamused scoff at such treatment before the wind whistled past his ears and in the blink of an eye Dick was now in front of a familiar green mop of hair before the vigilant was placed down on the ground. Dick quickly grasped his arm in pain. The unplanned ride had jostled the injury and increased the slight dizziness he had but like any veteran the boy merely shakes it and turns to glance at Izuku. He watches as the boy's green eyes light with deep seated awe and only the smallest hint of fear as the boy gazes at his childhood hero. Within the next moment the very object of Izuku's affections and Dick's annoyance repapers with the severely battered Aizawa gently laid across his arms, which made the teacher's barely slit open eyes glare with all their power at his students. All Might with surprising gentleness considering what his fists could do, laid the injured coffee men down in front of the students. His voice was loud and booming as he spoke down towards them, "Take care of Aizawa whilst I deal with those villains!" All Might shouted in his iconic voice as he looked each student in the eyes trying to convey a sense of safety. Izuku bobbed his head up and down at a rapid pace for one so small while Tsu simply stared at the hero in silent contentment. Dick rose to his feet ready to challenge the hero. He refuses to stay back and hang pretty when the oh-so lovely All Might gets to kick some low level minion ass. The only way to stop Dick now was if he was physically tied down and even when Bruce tried that Dick was still able to escape with some good ol' fashion puppy eyes. No one can resist Dick in that state and he's got still another year-maybe to make use of them if he laid the charm on thick. In conclusion there is no way in this world or his own that All Might will deny Dick the pleasure of kicking some crusty ass. Dick was just about to ring All Might for just such a thing when a croaky voice entered the fray.

"Sensei truly didn't lie when he said you were getting weaker. This is going to be like defeating the first-boss!" The villain's voice was harsh as it grated upon the ears of the students. It was the complete opposite of All Might's bone warming baritone. The hero himself gave a mocking laugh at the villain.

"You spout lies, dear villain! The power of All Might shall forever remain as long as people are willing to take up the fight and face villains such as you!" The man's voice rang clear and true throughout the compound. Dick could see the hero students raising their shoulders and holding their heads up high, even Izuku's nervous shaking seemed to dissipate. Dick would deny it if anyone was to ask but even he could feel new found encouragement flood his veins. With one last signature grin at the trio All Might launched down into the fray, one fist arched up and aimed at the pale haired ringmaster. As if it was in slow motion, All Might nearly reached the man child before the Nomu came rushing forwards to defend its master; sacrificing itself in the process. However, Dick was quite proud to see his early electrified attack on the beast had slowed it down somewhat. The two city smashing beings began to fight. Fists were traded at rapid speeds with power so great Dick could feel the tremors in the ground. All Might truly was like Superman in terms of raw strength. Dick felt a tug on his sleeve and looked down towards Tsu. Thank goodness she had enough sense to not pull on his limp arm that would have caused fire to race along his arms and that was always a bad thing. The young woman nodded her head to the side to where Aizawa was passed out and the stairs that lead to safety. Izuku too was there, caught between cradling his teacher's head and admiring his childhood hero fighting as his fingers twisted in Aizawa's shirt. Izuku looked ready to throw himself in front of Nomu, half blind but determined to win. Unfortunately Dick has already laid claim to just such a harebrained idea and the only thing he needed was an opening. Dick in the meantime needs a splint. He ignores his classmate's concerned crock as Dick reaches into his utility belt pulling out a thick wad of bandages. He places one end of the crisp strip in his mouth to hold it as he gently uses his uninjured hand to wrap the damaged limb into a secured position against his chest. While it was definitely messy and not the prettiest wrapping job Dick he ever did, it would work. Done with his menstruations Dick shakes out his shoulders and looks out into the battle; waiting for his chance. It was about time he got back into the fight.