18 | a fairytale story

Sunghoon and Hanee sat on cradles in the empty playground

Sunghoon and Hanee sat on cradles in the empty playground . Hanee has started to calm down but still sniffing .

Sunghoon peeked at Hanee to check her condition ,
"Are you alright , now ?"

Hanee glanced at Sunghoon and chuckled .
"I'm fine , i'm sorry for crying . I look like a dumb shit"

She had promised not to cry again after her sister gone but today, she broke the rule .

"Nah , it's okay to cry"

"When a girl cries , it's not usually over one thing ... It's built up anger and emotions that you've been holding in for too long"
Sunghoon said .

"A strong person isn't the one who doesn't cry , a strong person is the one who cries and shed tears for a moment , then gets up and fights again"

Hanee smiled , she knew Sunghoon is trying to comfort her and it's actually helping .
"Thank you for telling me this"

"You're welcome"
Sunghoon smiled , he scanned Hanee's face that's now covered in sadness even she's smiling .

She comes off as strong , but maybe she fell asleep crying . She acts like nothing is wrong , but maybe she's just good at lying .

"Isn't it sad ?"
Hanee uttered , snapping Sunghoon out from his thought .

"What ?"

"I want to forget my past because it hurts but it is also the past that brings me happiness "
Hanee smiled .

"Sounds pathetic , right ?"
She chuckled .

"Do you want to know something ?"
Hanee asked Sunghoon as he hummed .

Sunghoon knows that Hanee needs a listener.  That girl has never cried before, she always looks strong, cheerful and energetic.

He never imagined that a precious girl like Hanee would bear so many burdens .

"It's about my family and to be honest I never told anyone "
She spoke up .

"I have a mother, father and older sister"

"But I never met my own mother , she's gone right after giving a birth to me"

"She has a very chronic illness but at the same time she is pregnant , and it's me , the baby"

"At that time, she was so sick and was on the cliff of her live.  The doctor suggested to have an abortion because it would endanger her life if she gave birth to me with that state"

"But guess what ? she insisted on giving birth to me.  Due to health factors, I had to be born prematurely"

"But she couldn't bear the pain and left us.  She didn't even managed to touch me for the first time..."

"My father was frustrated but still took care of me and my sister, Haru "

"He raised us both as a single father.  However, he began to feel desprated and lonely.  He always saw the shadow of my mother"