Chapter Eight

The early afternoon sun was still shining brightly in the sky, but that didn't worry him as he landed on the island and got out his Ender chest.

"I'm here." He said in Galactic, hoping it would be enough to summon the other Watchers. He dug through the magical chest and pulled out his mask and cloak. When he looked up, two dark familiar figures were stood there. "I want to have fun." It may have sounded weird, but the Watchers understood what he meant. They always did. He put on his mask, and within a couple of minutes they were going through a portal.

This world is unimportant. Eight humans. Oリᒷ said.

Go crazy. T∴𝙹 said.

Xelqua didn't hesitate to let his hand be engulfed in fire. He flapped his large wings and soared into the sky, gliding around for a few minutes until he found a small collection of buildings. He landed and took in the area; it looked like the world was near it's beginning.

There were six, basic houses with paths between, and what looked like a mine entrance. There was also some farmland and chests scattered around.

He recognised it. It was the same place the Watchers showed him before he ran away.

He saw a couple of people come out of the mine entrance, and immediately made himself invisible. He wanted to watch before doing anything, which he realised was kind of fitting considering the name of his species.

They went inside one of the houses and he heard some chests opening. He went over to the window and saw eight people, seemingly talking and chilling.

One of them stepped outside, and he followed since the rest weren't doing much. Then they went round the corner of another building and everything fit into place in his mind as he understood.

"Guys?" The human called, and Xelqua looked at his past self. He looked out of place; he was short compared to T∴𝙹 and Oリᒷ, his wings (although large, almost disproportionately so when in context with his frame) were smaller than the other two's and his cloak was slightly too large.

The seven other humans came running.

"What on Earth?" One asked, getting out a diamond sword.

These are humans, past Oリᒷ said in Galactic. The said people exchanged a glance and a couple of others pulled out swords while one equipped an iron chest-plate.

Xelqua watched them with interest as the others spoke. They were scared of them. He hadn't realised how much power Watchers held in simply their first impression before living a human life.

The past incarnates of himself and his owners fuzzed out of existence as they began to travel forwards in time.

And this is where I come in. He thought with a grin. He vaguely remembered what one of them had said to him that day, that humans hate Watchers (or, fear them and hate them as a result) and hate becomes anger and that becomes destruction. Was that where his true power lay? Was that why they'd said they were the better option, because he would only scare humans and wouldn't fit in with them as long as he was a Watcher? Were they right?

He was a Watcher now, and he'd stopped fitting in with the hermits as soon as he became one again. Would they fear him? Then hate him? Then destroy Hermitcraft?

Was destruction all he would cause? If so, were the Watchers the better option?

Then... would having fun here really be the answer? That would only give the hermits a reason to fear him. But, they had said they already hated Watchers - hate which derived from fear - so they would fear him anyway. So why not give them a reason? They didn't trust him anyway, they probably already expected this of him. So why not?