Chapter Eighteen

He was falling.

He only had a few seconds to register that before impact with the land, and even if he'd have tried to fly his wings were too tired to carry him. He stared up at the light blue sky for a few more seconds, wondering why there was a sort of brown-ish grey-ish smoke coming in from all sides, before seeing a purple spark out of the corner of his eye. The dragon had come out of the staff, and he knew it was following orders to protect him. Oリᒷ was smart, even in their dying moments.

Oリᒷ. Dying moments.

He didn't have time for his mind to roll around to T∴𝙹 because his eyes closed and his head tilted to the left as his eyes fell shut. The dragon stood on his chest, at a small size but ready to grow at any moment.

* * *

"What's that?" Scar asked Jellie, who meowed affectionately and brushed against his hand from the barrel she was sitting on. He could see a black dot, or maybe smudge, or maybe just... thing, in the sky that was travelling downwards. He furrowed his eyebrows as it got larger and closer to the ground. He stood still - torn between getting closer to where it would land and running away from it - and watched as it rushed past the Boatem bases and Watcher temple at an outrageous speed before finally hitting the ground.

Which wobbled, like a small earthquake.

Before he could stop himself he ran towards the new crater. Some of the disturbed dirt and stone had risen up and created a dusty haze. Scar wafted some away, coughing as some got in his throat, before seeing the black figure with a purple, firey dragon sitting atop his chest. It looked at him quizzically, head tilted to the side.

"Gah!" He yelled upon seeing it, falling backwards and shuffling away. He watched the dirt fog settle before thinking to tell people.

<GoodTimesWithScar> Boatem

<GoodTimesWithScar> Grian

<GoodTimesWithScar> Fell

<GoodTimesWithScar> Help

His messages were a good representation of what he was feeling.

<GoodTimesWithScar> Dragon

He added for good measure.

A flood of new messages came through, and he told them just to get to Boatem. First to arrive was Impulse.

"Hey man, I was just building, what's going- oh." He said. "How... what? Why is he even... I thought- what?"

"I don't know, he just- there was a black thing in the sky and then he fell and it was him- I don't know." Scar replied, as Cub, False and Gem showed up.

"What's the dragon?" Impulse asked, hopefully rhetorically because how could Scar possibly know? He stepped slowly forwards into the crater, "I wonder if it's friendly."

"Yeah, because any old dragon is gonna be friendly." Cub replied.

"You never know..." Impulse replied. He walked forwards slowly, approaching it and crouching down, putting his hand out to it like he would to cat. "Well hello there little-" The dragon screeched and multiplied in size to dwarf the hermits, holding it's wings out. Impulse stumbled backwards as quickly as he could, and it shrank back down to the cute size of a small dog. "You were right, Cub." He said, getting his breath back from the jump scare.

"As I always am, my friend." The scientist replied.

A little while later, all the hermits were there, stood in a circling around the crater.