Sino Trouble

Darius took the joystick and drove us to where the sinoceratops had run off. With no plan in mind, I was not excited to see how this would end. While staring out the triadosphere, my headset made a loud, crackling noise as someone connected their microphone. It was Sammy.

"Are you guys going after her? That's not a good idea! I've seen cattle spook before and—"

"Uh-huh, let's go!" Yasmina said, cutting her off.

The sinoceratops growled confusedly and took a sharp left, trying to shake us off its tail. Regardless, Darius was able to bring us directly behind it.

"Almost got you, girl," Darius muttered, his brows knitted in deep concentration.

Then, the sinoceratops took another turn, catching Darius off guard. We almost crashed into the rocks ahead, but I took the joystick and pulled it to the right, the stone just barely destroying the gyrosphere.

"Phew," I sighed, touching my rapidly-beating heart.

"Sorry, that was close," Darius said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck before taking the joystick.

"It's okay, but if we are doing this, you need to focus," I said.

"Yeah, and I need to make sure I can record without breaking my phone," Brooklynn added, taking out a piece of chewing gum from her mouth and using it to stick her phone to the front of the triadosphere.

"That was, um... cool!" I said, struggling to find the words to describe the display.

"And gross," Darius said.

"Just keep driving, Dino-Nerd," was Brooklynn's response.

"Sure thing, Superstar."

And with that, Darius pushed the joystick further forward, and we zoomed after the sinoceratops again, the creature growling fretfully. Sammy, still feeling like this was wrong, tried to pause the chase:

"Let's just let everybody settle down a bit! We don't want to get too close or–" She and Yasmina suddenly screamed as Ben and Kenji's gyrosphere almost crashed into theirs.

"Watch it, Ben! You almost hit us!" Yasmina angrily exclaimed over the radio, looking peeved.

Ben looked back at her in outrage. "It wasn't me!" he yelled, crossing his arms as he glared at Kenji.

Ignoring the commotion, Darius said, "Someone flanks her on the other side; we can lead her back to the herd!"

Kenji brought his and Ben's gyrosphere towards the other side of the sinoceratops, causing her to snarl in alarm.

"Be careful, Kenji!" I exclaimed into the radio.

"This isn't the way to do this!" Sammy told us, watching the sinoceratops with furrowed brows.

"I'll cut her off. It'll be fine," Darius said reassuringly.

"No! We've got to calm her down! You are going to make her bolt!" Sammy yelled as the sinoceratops suddenly rose onto its hind legs, bellowing. The sinoceratops ran to the herd, and Sammy tried to retake the lead:

"Listen up, y'all. We've got to get her before she spooks the herd. Stay outside or—"

"We got this cowgirl!" Kenji interjected.

"Relax, Darius knows dinosaurs," Yasmina told Sammy, ignoring her frantic attempts to get everyone to listen. I nudged Darius' side.

"We should listen to Sammy. She worked with animals before, so she understands what to do," I said.