The Jurassic World Lagoon

"Even with the glowy stuff, it's really dark in here," Kenji muttered, squinting as he looked around. I grabbed his sunglasses and put them on between us.

"Better?" I asked, raising my brow. Kenji scoffed and took his aviators back, putting them on his face.

"I could have used my phone as a flashlight if Sammy hadn't broken it. But, of course, if we had my phone, we wouldn't be here at all," Brooklynn muttered, glaring at Sammy.

Kenji turned to face her, frowning. "Will you stop harshing the mellow of the CKK?" he said, annoyed.

Brooklynn gave him a look. "How many times are you going to say CKK?"

Kenji flushed and shrugged his shoulders with a strange grin. "CKK? Why? Would you like me to stop saying CKK? CKK! CKK. CKK."

Brooklynn rolled her eyes. "You're acting like this doesn't affect you too. We're here because of her!"

"Or something else could have happened, and we would still be here!" Kenji and I exclaimed in unison.

Brooklynn stared at us silently. "That's creepy," she said eventually. Kenji and I scoffed.

"I know you're mad at Sammy, but getting mad doesn't get us out of here. It just makes more people mad, you know? So put yourself in her shoes. Is there anything you could say at this point that would make Sammy feel worse than she already does?"

Brooklynn glanced back at Sammy guiltily, then looked back.

"Take it from someone with ample experience in rubbing people the wrong way..." When Kenji finished speaking, we all glanced at each other and then at the cave. Then, after a while of silence, I heard Yasmina's voice, and I turned to watch her, Ben and Bumpy.

"Ben, please put down that overgrown turtle and pick up your paddle!" Yasmina exclaimed, annoyed.

"I think Bumpiy's seasick," Ben replied, Yasmina staring at him blankly.

"I think you need to paddle!"

"I think we both need to prepare for dino vomit!"

I then looked at Bumpy, who whimpered and groaned, watching the water and the river banks with scared eyes. I couldn't see anything strange in the water.

"You guys, should the algae be moving?" Sammy asked suddenly.

Everyone else turned to look, and we saw a few parasaurolophuses eating the grass on the river banks. I smiled in relief.

"They are herbivores; it's okay!" I said sedately. Kenji frowned doubtfully at the parasaurs.

"It's unbelievable!" Darius exclaimed excitedly. "Dr Wu must have put the bioluminescent genes into these parasaurolophuses!" One of the parasaurs called as it noticed us, the others looking up to see what was happening.

"What do you mean I insulted Bumpy?" Yasmina asked with narrowed eyes.

"You called her a turtle, and now she's upset!" Ben replied, trying to calm down Bumpy, who was terrified.

"Ben, dinosaurs can't understand English!"

"Well, I'm glad they can't because there have been several unkind words said," Ben retorted with a scowl. Bumpy began stomping her little feet in the kayak, and Ben rolled his eyes. "Oh great, you made it worse!"

Yasmina sat in disbelief. Bumpy squealed louder and louder, catching the attention of more parasaurolophuses. Finally, the parasaurs bellowed and charged into the water, disappearing from view before bursting out. I yelped nervously, edging closer to Kenji and away from the herbivores.