Hide and Seek

Darius shook his head. "No, you have to know what to do..." he said dejectedly. "You're an adult."

Eddie raised his hands and gave Darius a look. "Don't look at me. I was hiding until you all barged in."

"But we drove all the way here 'cause—" Darius started before Eddie rushed forward and grabbed him by the shoulders, lifting him into the air.

"Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah! You have a vehicle!?" he exclaimed.

He threw Darius to the ground, but Darius grabbed hold of my arm and pulled me down with him as the Ginger ran away. I winced and glanced at my leg before turning to Darius, who looked upset. However, he got up and gave me his hand, helping me as Kenji revealed something horrible.

"Guys... I left the key in the van..." Kenji confessed.

"Kenji!" I screamed.

At that, Yasmina charged after Eddie. We rushed after them, but Yasmina yelled that she could reach him. Bumpy followed behind her, bellowing. Eddie glanced at Yasmina, smiling darkly.

"Stop, what are you doing!?" Darius shouted.

"Getting out of here alive!"

Just as Yasmina was about to grab the back of Eddie's lab coat, she tripped over Bumpy and crashed into the floor. She cried out in pain but quickly recovered and glared at the ankylosaur. Bumpy stomped and whimpered, just like she had with the Indominus.

"Ugh! Bumpy!" Yasmina exclaimed. She started running again, but it was too late. Eddie had entered the van and shut the doors, strapping on his belt as he turned the engine on. He pressed his foot down on the accelerate pad and drove forward, headed straight for Yasmina.

"Wait, Yaz!" I called out.

Yasmina ignored me and ran after the van, swerving so as not to be hit. I heard the trees rustling and ran after her, ignoring the pain that shot up my leg. Then, as I spotted a flash of white, I grabbed her arm.

"What are you doing—" Yasmina began before I pulled her back.

We fell to the floor just as the Indominus burst through the trees. The Indominus glared at us with her piercing amber eyes, then growled and turned to the van. She hit it with her head, throwing it into a clearing.

Behind us, everyone screamed, watching the Indominus whilst petrified. We watched as the Indominus charged at the van, which had hit a tree. Eddie frantically clambered out of the left door, but the Indominus was there.

She pushed her large head through the door, snapping her jaws at Ginger. She looked at him over the door and snarled before snapping her jaws. Eddie screamed again and began to crawl underneath the van shaking violently.

He hid there for a few seconds, thinking he was safe, until the Indominus bit into the truck and threw it further away, revealing Eddie, who lay on his back, terrified. The Indominus hissed as Eddie lay paralysed. She lifted her head high, letting out a growl and snapping her jaws shut. We heard the sickening crunch as the Indominus devoured Eddie.

We all began to run away, Yasmina grabbing my arm and pulling me along, almost dragging me across the floor. We moved quickly through the jungle, trying to get as far away as possible from the Indominus but soon came to a stop, winding up in an enclosure filled with crates. We groaned frustratedly, kicking the fence.

"Come on, are you kidding me!?" Darius exclaimed.

"Perfect! The park's only intact fence!" Kenji grumbled.

The Indominus roared, and we all jumped at the sound, looking for a place to hide. Darius started to run to a boulder with a large blue crate propped up against it, so we all followed, intent on finding a place to hide from the terrifying dinosaur. We crouched down, and Yasmina muttered something incoherently.