CKK Has Right of Way

"Ow.." I muttered, waking up. My leg hurt more than before, so I looked at it, surprised to see Darius on top of it. He slowly woke up and looked around before looking down. Then, he shot up with wide eyes.

"Sorry, sorry!" he exclaimed, quickly giving me his hand. We looked at the others; Kenji was stuck underneath the front seat, groaning as he tried to get out.; Yasmina had a small bruise on the side of her head from the steering wheel; Sammy, Brooklynn, Ben, and Bumpy seemed alright.

"Is everyone ok?" Darius asked, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously.

Yasmina began to laugh sarcastically. "Is everyone...?" she repeated, shaking her head with narrowed eyes. Then, she pushed open the side and silently jumped out of the van.

"Yaz, wait!" Sammy exclaimed, opening the van's back doors and rushing towards her. I helped Ben and Bumpy out of the truck, cursing under my breath.

Camp Cretaceous was meant to be fun. Sure, I've seen Jurassic World like a kajillion times, but this was meant to be unique; I was told I'd enjoy this! Yet, I come here, and a horrifying killer dino runs loose, our camp gets destroyed, and then there's Sammy — she lied to everyone. I don't even know what to make of that. I'm sure she must have a reason, but we could have used Brooklynn's phone to call for help!

I looked back at the van. The crash had bashed it up pretty badly. Kenji and Darius then stepped out of the truck through the back, Kenji with his hand over Darius's shoulder. Brooklynn followed.

Yasmina continued to charge away. "We're not ok! We're in the middle of a jungle with a monster dinosaur and you! You...." She turned to Sammy with an expression filled with outrage.

Brooklynn walked towards me and stopped, glaring at Sammy with her hand on her hips. "Destroyed our only way to get help and lied about it!" She glanced at us. "I told you guys!"

Sammy looked like she was about to cry. I felt terrible, but I shouldn't have. She, just like Brooklynn said, destroyed her only way to get help and lied about doing so. If only she had told us why.

Everyone else was staring at Sammy, clearly shocked and confused at what was happening. Darius came forward.

"So, you did take Brooklynn's phone? Why? What were you doing?" he asked her, frowning disappointedly. Brooklynn pointed at Sammy dramatically.

"Probably trying to erase my video of her taking those samples from the sinoceratops!" she exclaimed, callous. A silent tear rolled down Sammy's cheek, and I couldn't let this go on. We had to at least let her explain herself!

"Brooklynn, stop it! You're going to make Sammy feel even worse; let her explain. She must have had a reason to take your phone!" I said, flinging my arms out. Brooklynn blinked, staring at me with narrowed eyes before she stepped closer and glared down at me.

"So I'm the bad guy? Is that what you're getting at?" she asked, her voice barely audible.

I shook my head. "No! But look at Sammy; she's near tears! We have to her say something!" I pleaded.

Brooklyn rolled her eyes and glared at Sammy. "This is all your fault. You even got Kiara to help you — you manipulating... UGH! You just had to steal my phone and act all suspicious, didn't you?!" she exclaimed, crossing her arms.

Brooklyn then froze, and her eyes narrowed. "Act all suspicious?..." she repeated, her voice dangerously quiet.

She walked over to Sammy, pushing me out of her way. I bumped into the van, my wound coming into contact with the side. I winced, dropping to the floor as I held my leg gingerly. Ben helped me up, and I smiled gratefully. Then we watched Brooklynn and Sammy.