Hey, Toro

A/n: Check out 'Linji: Blink Murderer' and 'The Lost Guest' by my friend @Cranny45!

"Thank you for saving us... For saving me! That was amazing—you are amazing—"

"Stop!" Yasmina exclaimed, standing up. She glared at Sammy coldly. "We may need each other to stay alive but don't for a second think that makes us friends again. Because we are not. And we will never be."

Yasmina limped away from Sammy to a bench further away, and I followed her. When we sat down, I gave her a small smile.

"What is it, Kiara?" she sighed, covering her head with her hands. I brought my backpack, took out my first-aid kit, and handed Yasmina the bandages.

"Here, you can use these for your ankle," I said.

Yasmina blinked, surprised, then nodded. She unravelled the bandage, wrapping it as tightly around her ankle as bearable. She glanced at the floor guiltily, muttering, "Thanks..."

"Yaz..." I started as she lifted her head, looking me in the eye. You should hear her out. It's okay if you don't want to. I think it would do you guys some good."

Yasmina opened her mouth like she had something to say, then shut it abruptly. She looked away, and I stood up.

"Just think about it, please."

I walked to Sammy, bent over, resting her head on her arms with her eyes closed. Brooklyn walked past me and sat beside Sammy with a nervous smile. She then put her arm on Sammy's shoulder.

"Are you okay?" she asked softly.

Sammy shook her head. "Naw, not really."

"Yeah. Dumb question." Brooklynn brushed the hair out of her face, and they went silent. She glanced at Yasmina and then at Sammy. "I don't know her that well, but if you give Yaz some space, she'll come around."

Brooklyn brushed the hair out of her face again. "Maybe? I don't know. I'm going to be honest, IRL friendships aren't my thing, but, uh... Sounds right, yeah?"

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Sammy asked quietly.

"Because Kenji is right," Brooklynn replied. She suddenly scowled and stuck her tongue out in disgust. "Ugh, that feels so wrong to say. Never repeat that. Ugh. Gross!"

Brooklyn breathed in profoundly and glanced back over at Sammy. "Look, I've done my share of selfish things. I only knew what you were up to because I was also sneaking in places I shouldn't. You were doing it for family. I was doing it to impress a bunch of angry internet randos..."

Sammy stared at Brooklynn in surprise, her mouth slightly open. Brooklyn smirked, quirking her eyebrows.

"Plus, when we get out of here, your gonna give me the exclusive on all the juicy details of you spying for Mantah Corp! Brooklyn unboxes a conspiracy—ka, pow!" Brooklynn jumped up, doing finger guns as a fazed Sammy began to smile.

"Try to tell me my videos are lame after that, angry internet randos!" Brooklyn yelled as she jumped off the bench and landed in front of Sammy, who giggled.

"So... Deal?" Brooklyn asked, giving Sammy her hand.

"Deal!" Sammy replied, standing up and shaking Brooklynn's hand.

I'm glad they could make up, even though Yasmina was upset. I walked to Darius and Kenji, who were chatting beside the control pad. I waved as I reached them, and Darius waved back.

"Hey, Kiara," Darius grinned.

"Hey!"

I glanced at Kenji, who had picked up something from the floor and was eyeing it. It was a piece of popcorn. He brought it to his mouth, and I slapped it out of his hand.